When does Perrilloux see the field?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Jul 9, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I've heard that players say he's going to be very special, but that he still needs to develop some into the college game.

His spring game stats were right with Flynn's.

2. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

Ofcourse I want him here because I think he will be a great qb for us in the future, but dont you think RP regrets his decision everyday on coming here when he could have taken over a national championship team this year. Instead he will be a 3rd string qb for LSU. Those are two hugely different situations. You can't help but to feel a little sorry for the guy.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

He knew the situation when he committed. He knew Vince could very possibly go pro & he could take over a national championship caliber team. He still chose the Tigers. I don't think he regrets the decision, but I'm sure it upsets him at times because just like any player, he wants to be on the field.

4. clair

clair Rockets

He is a family 1st guy, i honest to God don't think he regrets his decision

5. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

It's good to hear that he is probably not regretting anything. I just hate to see players on the sidelines that could really help the team if they were playing. Its hard to be the 3rd guy in the rotation when you could be starting at almost any other school in the nation. We have 3 great qb's though, and im sure the coaches will make the right decisions.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This ain't the Sun Belt, son. ULL won't see the goal line until the game is well out of reach.

7. clair

clair Rockets

If ULL is the traditional Sun Belt team, they will be throwing all game. If that is the case, they have no chance to score.

SEC teams will have enough problems throwing on Landry and Daniels

8. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

RP will get at least one late 4Q series against ULL. Flynn will get more reps than RP in the first game out of respect for his longevity with the team. I would expect RP would see more reps in another OOC game, where Flynn may not get any during that game, so that RP could get into the flow of a game, get some rhythm, and possibly show why he is so highly rated.

I suspect that once RP gets some PT, and develops some comfort and maturity for game mgmt, you will begin to see more of him. It will prove difficult to keep him off the field once he develops critical game mgmt skills (which only come with PT). Not saying he will displace JR, but he will begin to routinely get a couple of series in games where we are dominating both physically and on the scoreboard.

9. clair

clair Rockets

the only thing i hope is that we don't put in perrilloux, just to let him hand off the ball

let him run the offense, like we did with flynn last year

if a team can't stop our 3rd string passing attack, then to hell with them

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

That is one problem we will have. LM doesn't have a killer run it up mentality, and won't do it just to let RP throw the ball downfield (although MF did throw a few long ones late in games last year). Now I have no problem with running some clock and throwing some 8-12 yd outs, hitches, slants and TE over the middle to get some quality work in. Keep em honest, and mix up the pass with the run, especially to get some PT for our young 3rd and 4th string RBs.