When does Perrilloux see the field?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Jul 9, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Yea, Bowe - who was messing with some of the Miami players he knew.

2. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

I thought it was because Bowe was jokingly picking on a guy he knew back in hs and a few miami guys thought he was serious.

3. clair

clair Rockets

this may all be true, and i did forget the reason for the horseplay, but i'm sure the miami guys were more fiesty after a 40-3 ass-beating than they would have been a 24-3 one

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

No, he didn't. I think the SEC is developing that killer mentality in him though.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

How bout a better question?

What do the fans do if he comes in for clean up duty and goes 6-6 and two td's and rushes for 50 yards?

I am sure this board would be well reserved...:hihi::hihi:

6. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

I hope that Tennessee game haunts him every waking minute until Nov 4 :mad:

7. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Then there would be a million posts about how if Flynn was in there he would have went 12-12 for 4 td's and rushed for 100 yards.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

:dis::confused: Why is that? Most fans wanting to see what Flynn could do last year were so interested because he was the backup. Seeing that Perrilloux will likely backup Flynn, I don't see fans calling for Flynn. Also, I don't remember fans calling for Flynn because Russell was playing some amazing ball. The offense was fairly lame last season most of the year. Flynn looked great in the only game he started, but don't give Flynn any of the credit for that.

Just to throw in something different to the conversation, I'm curious why you guys think Perilloux will see any significant amount of playing time. I remember thinking most of the time last season, when the opportunity arose, why Miles didn't put Flynn in earlier. Miles seemed very reluctant to play the backup qb. At least IMO and according to my recollection.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Difference: JaMarcus was a sophmore & it was his first time as a full time starter - Miles wanted him to get as much experience as possible.

Now, what does that mean for how much time Flynn gets compared to Perrilloux? I don't know.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The offense averaged 29 and a half points a game last year which is above average and far from lame. Only one team outscored us significantly.

Because he a top player and he's ready to see the field. I think Jimbo will play all three quarterbacks this year because LSU is deep at QB and needs to take advantage of it. We may need all of them, its a rough league and we have taken serious quarterback injuries in recent years.

Whoever comes in at #3 is probably going to transfer in the spring to find some greener pastures. Why not at least get something out of him while he's here? Flynn and Perrilloux will likely get their shots in 2006.