When does Perrilloux see the field?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Jul 9, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

You keep saying this, but you are wrong. Now, one may end up transferring, but it isn't a "probably".

Flynn has no reason to transfer - he can be a backup this year, graduate on time from LSU, and transfer to a new school next year & play immediately if he wants thanks to the new rule.

Perrilloux should know that it's just a short matter of time before he gets to shine, and he knows that the team will be behind him 100% because they are already singing his praises.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

OK, Prove it. :grin: What you mean is that you disagree, right?

Why not, amigo? I have seen the same thing happen here before many times. So have you, the last couple of times it has happened. Remember Booty, Davey, and Nall--three future NFL quarterbacks? The #3, Nall, decided to transfer to get some badly needed playing time. He loved LSU, but there was his own career to think about, And it was a good move, he made himself into an NFL propect at Northwestern

Again with Randall, Russell, and Clausen. Clausen knew that #3 wasn't going to cut it and found some greener pastures. He got a chance to beat Russell in Tiger Stadium last year. I think he'd tell you it was a good decision. Need I mention Lester Ricard behind Mauck and Randall? Gone to start at Tulane.

And it ain't just at QB. When a team is deep at any position, talented third-stringers get happy feet. That's why Barrington Edwards is gone and starting at North Carolina now. It's why Amp Hill is gone and many others. Hell, Abram Booty transferred because he couldn't handle second string behind Reed. This kind of attrition happens all the time but the good news is that it is a winners disease.

Anything could happen to change things--season-ending injuries or Russell could go early to the NFL with a good year. But if all three quarterbacks return and are healthy in the spring, it is my prediction that the #3 will transfer. Flynn could get a shot at the NFL ala Craig Nall, but he won't do it as a senior backup. He could do it starting in Division I-AA. Perrilloux, by many reports, expects to earn the start this year or find some greener pastures where he can start three years.

Now that you are legal, I can bet you a 6-pack of Corona that all three of these players will not return in 2007. :wink:

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Nah, I originally put that "I think you are wrong", but it just sounded more appropriate to say it outright. :yelwink2:

Deal, except Russell going to the NFL is an exception because I fully expect it.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I think that game loss was a factor of a lot of things. LM wasn't the only factor by far.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

That was a tough game to swallow. I'm pretty sure Miles didn't want to sit on the lead, but felt like he had to because it gave us the best chance to win.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I hope it haunts him well beyond Nov. 4th...

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He didn't sit on the lead, the offense just did not execute on the pass plays and had a few turnovers on others plays, like Skyler's fumble and JR's int.

8. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

Don't fool yourself cajdav. Sure there were some turnovers, but don't tell me Les Miles was not playing a little cautious. Most of the play calls in the second half were very safe. We could of run up the score to the 40's if he had wanted to. LM surely has learned though. Maybe calling fake punts when you are up by 35+ is a little too extreme, but it is better then the alternative.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think you mean, we could have run plays to attempt it. Because simply put, our offense wasn't operating well enough to score 40 pts - so it didn't matter what plays were called. I think Miles did the right thing by playing safe the way our offense was performing. The problem was our defense - not our offense.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Don't fool yourself, go back and watch the film, or go read the play by play on LSU sports.net. The straight ahead runs were the only plays that worked in the second half of that game. And the first half wasn't exactly a great display of offense either. In the second half we tried to pass the ball on first down as often as we tried to run it and most likely should not have. We had second/third and short but could not execute, the guys were dead.