When I start thinking it maybe over Les

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by msully, Jan 16, 2015.

1. msully

msully Founding Member

Les Miles thinks LSU’s quarterback problems are over . When I see this , well I think did he really not understand what happened in the bowl game ?? He must be older than I am , I still remember the game , and the QB play . It seems every sports writer in America knows what Miles has not figured out , we kept the wrong coach if he thinks we have no problems . Well, maybe he is right , after all we are not playing football for a few months . Yes he is right , until the season starts . Now I understand .

2. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

He thinks as long as his defense can carry the team, his offense is sufficient. I have my doubts whether he'll ever have that type of defense again.

We have what we have because no top notch defensive coordinator wanted to come here knowing the scenario on offense, and the possibility of not having a job in two seasons.

The only thing he was smart enough to realize is the recruiting was going to start falling off, so to compensate for that he found two of he best recruiters possible.

This is a bandage on a bobo that needed stitches. I just don't see this as equivalent to or better than chavis.

msully likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

How do you fellers know what Les thinks?

didit, DarkHornet, KyleK and 3 others like this.
  4. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Maybe he's not concerned based on who we have now and who we have coming in the next two recruiting classes. Based on Miles' comments in the Advocate and @bhelm saying it was Miles who wanted to play Harris but CCC insisted he wasn't ready, I'll admit I may have been wrong about how the play of the QBs went down this year. It just looked like another JJ/JL fiasco. In the Advocate Miles was quoted, "I think that Brandon Harris will absolutely compete for the job, and I’m not discounting Anthony Jennings, just not going to do it, but Brandon Harris is faster, throws the ball harder and really runs hard.” If Harris is really given a fair shot at the job this spring and Miles can reel in Patterson, I'll feel good about our QB situation. It'll then be up to CC to coach 'em up.

gyver likes this.
  5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Red, I am sure you have heard of putting two and two together?

6. red55

Now all he needs is an ability to read defenses, check out of the wrong play, and be a leader on the field. Sometimes those things take a while to develop. He should be much better prepared to play next year.

didit, Herb and LSUDad like this.
  7. red55

Indeed . . . I've just never imagined that I know what someone else is thinking. Les may be putting four and four together.

You could be right. I certainly think that a good defense covers offensive shortcomings better than the other way around. I just don't imagine that a any coach is content with shortcomings.

rockwallfan and LSUDad like this.
  8. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Especially a coach that has won a National Championship and played for a 2nd one......

KyleK and LSUDad like this.
  9. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I just don't get too worked about Les' public statements. Could he really say that our QB's suck even if he believed it?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    ROY_LA_CA, Mis'sippi Tigah and LSUDad like this.
  10. msully

msully Founding Member

red I am guessing by his actions , plus he said that in the advocate this morning LOL he has me worried again today . But red you probably know more than I do , I hope . I am trying to stop chewing Redman ,guess I can say GOOD LUCK WITH THAT . It looks like next season will be a big test for that .
    GEAUX TIGERS !!!