When I start thinking it maybe over Les

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by msully, Jan 16, 2015.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Somehow, I understand this post.

TerryP and LSUDad like this.
  2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

There never are gimmes. How often have we been a prohibitive favorite in 50% of our SEC games in any year? Last year 2/3 of the SEC west spent time in the top 10; the year we won the NC we got beat by Kentucky. The last time we lost 6 SEC games was Dinardo's last year. The best reason to think we will lose 6 next year is because 6 is next in a statistical series a reporter pulled out of his ass.

We were an incredibly young team this year. There is no reason to believe we won't be a better team next year. When I hear 'Wheels come off' I think that means a coach lost his team. You might not like Miles, but generally speaking his guys love him and fight to the end.

red55, LSUDad, mctiger and 1 other person like this.
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

$1 to Sheryl Crow...I like a good beer buzz early in the morning.

But, DAYUM!!! (...while wondering if Tequila out of the freezer is any different than say, Jack Honey in the morning.)

LSUDad likes this.
  4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I'm not talking shooting cheap tequila with salt and lemon and all that kid shit. I'm talking refined tequila. A good anejo or a smooth reposado; well chilled; slowly sipped while the women drink cheap champagne and orange juice.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I appreciate, your appreciating, a drink.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Well technically it is 'a drink'; and technically Tiger Stadium is a sports facility. But simple descriptions don't tell the story for either. ;)

LSUDad likes this.
  7. Tiredoflosing

Tiredoflosing Veteran Member

2011 8-0, since then 6-2, 5-3, 4-4. No Offense + No Defense + Les Miles = 6 SEC losses!

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

A couple of minor points about the Les and Chavis thing;

2011 – 8-0; I assume you realize Les Miles coached this team also? Should we give him any credit? Nahhh, against policy

2012 – 6-2; One of the 2 losses was to eventual national champion Bama when the defense gave up a long game ending drive capped by a 30 yd screen play. Not to worry, Chavis gets a chance to redeem himself against the exact same scenario in 2014. Guess what happened?

2013 – 5-3; In one of the 3 losses Les’s offense scored 41 and Chavis’s defense gave up 44; Les really screwed the pooch on that one. Also worth mentioning that Les’s inept offense this year scored 59 on Miss St, 35 on Auburn, 37 on TCU, 34 on TAMU, and 24 in the loss to Ole Piss.

2014 – 4-4; In the Alabama loss the defense again gave up a last second drive for a touchdown. Yes there is a pattern, you saw this one in 2012 also.

I liked Chavis; and I would have been ok with him staying. But I’m willing embrace the change of defense direction. Especially with the enthusiasm ‘O’ has added.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

One of these offenses is not like the others.