When supporting your team goes too far...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerNtz, Sep 25, 2011.

1. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

When supporting your team goes too far...

No fan should ever have to literally fear for their lives when traveling to an opponents campus/stadium. Please pray for a friend of mine and fellow LSU fan (to remain nameless at this time) and his pregnant wife and their two year old son. I am told that rocks were thrown at their car shattering their window; they were attacked and pulled from their car last night in Morgantown after the LSU vs WVU game. He has multiple facial fractures and is currently in surgery. His wife and the baby and friends that were with them have scrapes and bruises but are okay.

In all fairness to WVU, I have not gotten enough information at this time to determine whether it was disgruntled fans or scum thugs; but the rumors of rowdiness at WVU are making me want to jump to conclusions...

Regardless, please say a special prayer for them today!

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

This can't be so. I feel for your friend and agree with your post but please tell me they didn't touch the kids.

3. Eq4bits

Eq4bits (Deep East) Texas Tiger

4. vesperiaLSU

vesperiaLSU Veteran Member

Pray for your friends and his pregnant wife. My wife is in pregnant too, and I will beat the son of b**ch to death if anyone dares to touch her.

5. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

Thats why i conceal carry!

6. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Who would ever attack a pregnant woman? Bunch of hillbilly *******s. I knew they were scum when they were booing injured players, now there's no doubt.

I hope your friends own the stadium after this. There should be PLENTY of security on a college campus to never allow something like this to happen. No way I'm not turning around and getting everything I can out of the POS college if I'm him.

Thank God we don't have to play them every year.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

The link has been removed and I googled it and can find nothing at all on lsu fans being attacked or pregnant woman being hurt at the game. It has been quickly removed by someone trying to keep it quiet. I am looking for another link for a report on this. If any other links are avaliable plaese post it. Thanks

8. Eq4bits

Eq4bits (Deep East) Texas Tiger

I don't believe there ever was a link in the first post. The link I posted was to a blog written a couple of days before and was about how well LSU fans treated the WV folks last year.

I too googled for police reports, news stories, etc about the attack in the first post, but was unable to find anything to corroborate the alleged incident. =\

ETA: didn't someone post something similar right after the LSU/Oregan game, but that time it was LSU fans 'attacking' and/or 'harrassing' a man and his pregnant wife. Eerily similar.

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

There are two things here - if the story is true that is as bad as it gets and WVA should investigate openly . . . BUT
    If this is urban legend or rumor we should not be a part of spreading it around. Is there confirmation that this stuff really happened?

10. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

This is a very serious accusation. Pleaase update us when you have the full facts.

Of course, I don't know what happened, but I was at the Saints-Seahawks game in Seattle this past January for the playoffs. It was absolutely brutal what I saw happening to women and children Saints fans. Of course, we were very roughly treated. I know of a situation involving a fight that led to a broken jaw. Despicable. So my point is that I know these things can happen. Of course, you have our prayers, please keep us updated.

Soapbox: Why does this crap seem to be more likely to happen the farther north you go? Am I the only one seeing this? I don't want to stereotype anyone, but this seems to be in play.