When the boobirds begin to boo

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu99, Aug 23, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

If you want to stop guys from booing just start clapping and cheering to drown them out, hopefully others will join in with you.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's as gay as "Hotty Toddy"! :grin:

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I personally have never witnessed anyone argue with booers and it can't be that many arguements going on that would noticelably add to the booing noise. Also, the sound of people talking is very distinguishable from the booing sound, so I don't think it would matter too much. I like what you're trying to do, but I just don't think the arguing (what little there is) adds that much to booing.

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

What about "The Hotty Totty Potty" ?

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I'm sorry, but the idea of getting people not to argue with those who boo because you may somehow add to the noise level in the stadium which may or may not unfairly paint LSU into a poor fan sportsmanship picture...Well, there's a metaphor for this premise...

It's more gay than Paris...Or should we say Southern Decadence?

I can say what I want to who I want when I want, and damn those dolts out there not blessed with my knowledge of my school...LSU isn't on that level anymore, my friend...Who cares what people around the nation think about us? I sure don't care about USC fans or how they react-or should I say not show up-for Trojan games.

Same goes for Oregon State, or Virginia Tech...I could care less, and so could they.

The only people that create this furor are our own numbnutted fans and opposing fans who like to talk trash and demean us. We give it all to each other in spades.

But, this little daisy chain of logic really makes me feel for you...I'm not trying to demean you, but that's pansy ass...If people plunk down large portions of their disposable income on something they feel passionately about, then they can damn well express themselves how they see fit within the confines of the law. Seeing as how no one has passed a law outlawing booing in Tiger Stadium, then they've got that right.

You-as a fan who does the same-can say whatever you damn well please to them in response, again, within the confines of the law. But, who really cares or stops to ponder the ramifications of your decibel level in response to booing and how it may increase the alleged perception of LSU fans as being poor sports or bad fans?

I know one person...and one person only...You...

6. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

So, is it ok to boo the Saints? Are they a professional team?

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

That was kinda my point. It's ridiculous to say that ones voice, in reaction to a booing fan, will add to the booing noise. It's just silly.

8. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Gentleman, a little fun and a though ... from outside the box

I agree with the thread starter ... don't yell at these idiots and add to the decibels ...

HE IS SPOT ON HERE ... PASS IT AROUND

You are no doubt dealing with an extremely drunk arsehole ... and a poor fan

Try this idea in your area ... and get everybody around you or many to do this ...

RECIPE TO SHUT UP AN OBNOXIOUS BOO BIRD (by ramah)

locate the Boo Bird ... choose the most loud obnoxious one if there are a few

wait for a quiet time ...

plan the event ...

Have everyone in the general area turn and all point to the drunk arsehole ... THEY HAVE TO POINT DIRECTLY AT THE GUY AND STAB THEIR FINGERS IN THE AIR AT HIM ... and start "BOOING THE CRAP OUTTA HIM"

Continue this for 30 seconds :hihi:

... the psychological implications are astounding

Now this could/should accomplish two things ...

1. The guy will be startled and embarrassed and will shut the hell up ... most likely in 90% of the cases

2. The guy will get up, go postal and start cursing, etc ... but with the focus wholly on him ... scouts, police, etc ...

his azz is gone if he does anything ... especially if the "group" keeps it up.

There is always the third possibility ... an extremely smart drunk who just ignores you and continues to exert his right to be an arsehole and boo ... but this % should be almost nil.

Bon Appetit!

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I love it. Now I can't wait to boo a drunk. Maybe we could take a crash course on Advanced Booing from the Philadelphia sports fans. After all, they did actually boo Santa Claus.

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I consider myself to be in the third category...I've always been a 1%...The rare drunkard who is not only blissfully uninhibited, but also acutely aware of my actions, at all times...

At least...I think I am...;-)