When will Rohan be a starter?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTyler, Jun 14, 2004.

1. TigerTyler

TigerTyler Freshman

I was very impressed by Rohan's #'s and performance in the European league. I'm sure its only a matter of time before he takes over the reins of an NFL team.

We all know Rohan will never get any playing time behind the superbowl MVP. Does anyone know when his contract with NE will be up so he might sign with a team that needs a solid starter????

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

He's under contract thru this coming season.

The only QB's the Pats have under contract right now are Brady, Davey and Kingsbury.

..and Kingsbury is NOT backup material.

Rumor around here has Davey being the Pats backup and many are projecting that his value is high enough that the Pats will trade him to another team that's looking for a young starter...

I wasn't a big Tom Brady believer in his 2nd year as a starter--but when he led the Pats to 14-straight wins and their 2nd Super Bowl title in three years...I'm buying it now. ...But I wish it were Rohan. :) But he'll get his shot--perhaps sooner rather than later.

3. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

he will get picked up by a Cardinal type team and put up huge numbers and take them to a winning season. maybe in a couple years :helmet:

4. BostonBengal

He should go to the Saints!

I'm TIRED of watching Aaron Brooks smile after throwing an INT...Or all of a sudden look like he's half-a$$ing it ever since he signed his big-money contract :angryfire

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

maybe next time he will frown to please you.

you realize that his expressions are not relevant? he is playing a game.

i can see arguing he is half assing, but smiling is against your rules? you want him to let his feelings be hurt too? you want him to be sad? do you hate happiness?

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No way you should be happy or jovial after you make a bone head play that kills your teams chance of winning. Brooks gives the appearance that he couldn't care less whether the Saints win or lose. Give me a player that gets angry or sad after he makes a bone head play over one that laughs and jokes 100% of the time. You think Tom Landry, Bill Belichec(sp), Bill Parcells or any coach worth a damn would put up with his inmature clowning? Brooks is Bozo the clown with a cannon for an arm and no clue what to do with it. He fits the Saints organization perfectly, Brooks, Ben$on and Haslett a regular 3 ring circus. :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Heck I remember a Brooks play from last season where he was holding the ball over his right shoulder, looking for an open receiver.. and he simply dropped it.. he spun in circles a couple of times looking for it but never did.. Afterwards he walked off the field laughing........................................

Generally when people mention a LSU player going to the Saints, I am "one of those people" who frown upon it. I must admit though that I would love to see Rohan start for the Saints. I'd certainly be more motivated to pull for them.

8. friday

friday Founding Member

why would any team that's as loaded as the pats trade a guy that's probably ready to start when there's a nobody from TT as the third stringer. unless, they are thinking of bringing in a vet to back up brady. brady has been very lucky in his career to not go down for any serious length of time. As much as I like brady, I just don't think he can continue playing at that position injury free. IMO, the pats would be crazy to trade rohan. anyway, what are you going to get for him? a 3rd or 4th rounder? sounds like a a rumour of a rumour to me. btw- what happened to that kid huard that was brady's backup last year?

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Woo boy, you sure are right! Didn't know his rookie contract expired at the end of this season.

He's sitting mighty pretty right now in terms of next season. Not to wish ill of Tom Brady, but if he goes down during the season and Ro runs that offense well, his stock goes up even further.

He will start for or get a shot to start for one of the following teams in 2005 (my prediction--in no order):

Cowboys (to battle Henson for starting job at the very least)
    Dolphins (AJ Feely? Are you serious?)
    Tampa Bay (word is that Gruden loves Chris Simms but, c'mon, it's Chris Simms
    Detroit (if the overrated Joey Harrington can't make this year's offense hum with all that talent, this could be a prime spot for Ro--great QB-friendly coach, awesome receivers, good RB).
    Arizona

and last but not least...

Saints (yes, THOSE guys): An excerpt from a recent article on Davey--

Code:
    As an NFL analyst for FOX for the past eight years, I have the privilege to meet with quarterbacks every week. One can instantly tell if a QB is the leader of the team. If the team doesn't respect the QB as a leader, then no amount of talent can make that team a championship-caliber outfit. 
    Brooks can't lead crap and all the Saints and their fans know it. Kind of lost in the shuffle of post-draft history is the story (which I remember reading but, for the life of me, cannot find anywhere) that the Saints were set to draft Davey in the fourth round, only to have the Pats trade up ahead of them to make the pick, which led to the Saints taking O'Sullivan in the sixth, but I digress).

Bottom line is the man will be under center for someone in 2005 with at least two Super Bowl and one NFL Europe ring in his posession.

10. BostonBengal

My guess is that they will bring in a veteran--sign him for the league minimum, whereas Davey, with his production in NFLE this past summer, and his continued developement, will probably claim more than a veteran minimum.

Now, I'm not by any means saying that trading Davey is what's going to happen--I'm just passing along what the papers and sportswriters here in Boston are projecting.

But if Davey wants to start (and he does), then the Pats have roughly one year to hopefully deal him--and get something in return--rather than to just see him walk away as a free agent and get nothing.

Huard wasn't resigned.