When will Rohan be a starter?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTyler, Jun 14, 2004.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Wow. Didn't know I'd have to be answering to Brooks' family members....

But, considering Kyle Turley was traded because he wanted to rip Brooks "a new one" after Aaron walked off the field after coughing up a turnover, I hardly thought that I was alone in my aggrivation with Aaron.

"not relevant"? Tell that to the players that bust their tails each and every play--lineman butting heads and players running through the proverbial "car crashes" of blocking, only to come off of the field and see your "leader" smiling as if nothing on the play before means anything.

If you ever played football, you would know that you play your hardest--for your teammates, coaches and the team itself, knowing that you'll do your best for your teammate because you know he's doing his best for you.

2. BostonBengal

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Rohan is in the same position Jake was with the Saints in 2002, He will either be traded so that NE can get some value for him or will will become a free agent and hopefully get his dshot to start on a team without a great young QB ahead of him.

4. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Not to be negative about Rohan, I mean I always wanted him to start above Booty here at LSU and was happy to see him go to a winning team in the draft, but I seem to recall the last QB who ripped up the NFLE still didn't do anything good once he got back here in the states. Someone by the name of Wuerful (spelling). Believe me, I want him to be the next Brady or Delhome, but lets not get too excited over numbers in NFLE. just my opinion, Geaux Rohan!

5. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

I think Rohan has the potential to do really well somewhere.

Brooks on the other hand.... I wouldn't piss on hiim if he were on fire. He just doesn't care. He is making his millions, and could give a rats ass less whether they win or lose.

As for smiling ? You ever see someone like Brett Favre jog off the field smiling and giggling after they throw an INT ?

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Rohan would have a better chance to become a big star somewhere other than New England. The Patriot offense is built around the talents of Tom Brady. Brady is a great QB but he dosen't have Ro's arm to consistently throw deep and streach the defense. If Ro was the starter from the beginning of the season Belichek would tailor the offense to him but if he gets any significant playing time with NE it will be because Brady got hurt and he will still be running an offense structured around Brady.

7. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

For his sake I hope not Rohan is a good guy and the arm pit of the NFL is not what Rohan Deserves. :grin:

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

rohan is a stud winner that cant be replaced. Tom Brady may never get hurt.... look at brett favre, you cannot predict it regardless what you feel. I said from the beginning I wished the saints traded brooks' ass away and snag rohan. they'd be better off. Jake will never get back to the superbowl....that game will be his best ever even though Im a jake fan. Carolina will never get back to the superbowl with jake at the helm. I just dont see it happening again, but id take anyone over brooks.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Ole Danny just didn't have the tools to compete well in the NFL. Mentally he was fine but the game was just too fast for his arm. Ro does have the tools and I really believe he will become a starter in the NFL for years to come. He has gotten a lot of good experience in NE, they have been patiient with him and he has been patient with them, a very good learning situation. It takes most QB's about 3 or 4 years to really start to grasp the NFL, looking at countless hours of game film and having so many reps during practice. Ro has had a perfect position with the PATS since they had Brady and didn't need for him to develope quickly.

10. BostonBengal

So true! OC, Charlie Weiss loves to run WR screens, and short hitch routes. Brady got better with the deep ball last season (80 yard TD pass to beat Miami in OT for instance), but he still can't consistantly throw the deep ball. When he does throw it deep--70% of the time it looks like a wounded duck...