When will Rohan be a starter?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTyler, Jun 14, 2004.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Wuerfful would make a good head coach or offensive coordinator in my opinion. They've always remarked about how smart he is, and how football savvy he is. But talent-wise, it's just not there.

Danny is accurate--but he has no arm strength. To be honest, I've really like to see him be a head coach at the college level--bet his offense would be explosive.

2. friday

friday Founding Member

trade him? for what? 2nd string QB's are not going to get much in the open market contrary to how good LSU fans think Davey would be as a starter. brooks was traded for a 3rd rnd draft choice and he was a 3rd stringer. do you realize the probability of a starting QB taking all of the snaps in a season? last year, I know of one, manning, possibly brady. the bottom line is that you have to have two quality QBs on your roster, esp. one's that know your system. the NE system under weiss is very comlex and they would be stupid to trade rohan to bring in a vet when rohan would probably be better than any vet they bring in. my feeling is brady's been very fortunate to stay healthy and it's only a matter of time before he goes down. not wishing any ill harm of the guy, that's just the nature of playing QB in this league. anyway, the pats are the def SB champs and are fairly deep at most positions and now have a pro bowl RB. furthermore, there's not a real area of need on this team which would warrant trading rohan.

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I want him to throw to either Reed, Clayton, or Henderson. Whichever team that was would be my new favorite....well, behind the Saints (or maybe it will be the Saints :shock: ), but you guys know how that goes. :shock:

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

And while we're on the subject of Josh Reed, I would LOVE to see him get out of Buffalo and to a staff that knows how talented he is!

My vote for Rohan's future is as the starting QB for the Cowboys. He'd fit beautifully.

5. friday

friday Founding Member

josh reed

just a point of interest. flew from new orleans to NYC after the sugar bowl and josh reed was sitting in the row across from me (yes, in coach). the first thing I noticed was he is a real gentleman. the girl sitting next to me switched places with josh's buddy so they could sit together. josh was so appreciative that he gave her an official SB/LSU cap. I though that was a real nice gesture. secondly, he did not look like an NFL receiver. he, in fact looked like a run and shoot receiver (small and a little stocky). he's barely 5'10". anyway, nice guy but shocked at his size.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

comes down to money...if one team is willing to pay him as a starter then NE will not match it. Depends how bad a team wants him.... saints should just cut brooks so I can enjoy watching Devery catching balls instead of recovering fumbles in the backfield.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

My girlfriend and I flew down to New Orleans for Memorial Day weekend to visit my parents. On the way back, we were flying through Atlanta and Chad Lavalais was on the flight. :)

It just so happened that my dad had saved me a commemorative National Champs magazine--which I had in hand to read on the plane. When I walked in to the plane, and saw Lavalais (wearing a "Property of LSU Football" t-shirt, I was like a kid!! He signed my magazine--pretty surprised that someone would board a plane, with THAT particular magazine in hand 6 months after winning the title, and have him sign it.

We had a laugh about it. Wished him well in Atlanta, etc.

Now I have my autographed magazine to put beside my 2003 TEAM AUTOGRAPHED LSU helmet!!!! :D

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Friday, I said that either NE would trade him to get something of value or he would become a free agent, either way he leaves after next season. I didn't say they would trade him, only that it is an option.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Tirk, I wouldn't write Jake off quite so soon. I mean, it's easy to predict a any team isn't going to get back to a Super Bowl as it is incredibly hard for a QB to get there the first time. So while Jake may not lead the Panthers back to another Super Bowl I think he is going to be a pretty fair QB in the NFL. He has all the tools and as he gets more experience their offense will open up much more than last season. But I guess I would ahve to agree with you about Jake taking them back to the big dance, but like I said you could pretty much say that about every QB in the league.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah I know, I should rephrase that... I dont think he has all the tools I guess is my point. I dont think he is a true starter but what do I know. There are many starting QBs now that arent starter material. Crazy to say after getting them to the Superbowl and I hope he succeeds. Just reminds me too much of that Wuerffel arm....when the wind knocks it down.