When will Ryan Perrilloux start at QB?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mrx, Apr 9, 2006.

1. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I agree...this guy was a Sophomore last season. He will be pretty dominant this season. Look for a high 1st rounder by season's end.

2. clair

clair Rockets

Chevis Jackson did a stellar job in the spring game, so don't sleep on him in this spot also

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Personally, I prefer one of our potential starting CB's to NOT return kicks. I know that might not make a whole lot of sense to some of you, but in my mind, I'd rather that job be held by a player at a position that there is a lot of depth at over a position that we potentially could get really shallow in with one or two injuries....

4. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

That makes a lot of sense. :thumb:

5. BostonBengal

Thanks! :thumb: Glad to know that I'm not alone in that opinion...

6. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

No problem.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Wasn't Antonio Perkins a DB for OU in 2003, when he ran back like 85 punts for TDs?

8. clair

clair Rockets

that is very true, but if he has the chance to be something special, we have to put him back there...

I don't think Pete ever too Bush off of punt returns b/c he was worried about him being injured

9. LSUDork

LSUDork LSU Drumline '00-'04

Russell = bench. Flynn and RP duke it out for spot. That's how MY team would work.

Don;t give me JR won 10 games or whatever. He never looked good doing it, and other players picked up the slack. We finally saw in the Peach Bowl that if Flynn actually got to work fulltime with the #1 offense, he is much smarter and better than JR.

10. BostonBengal

Fair enough... But Flynn didn't exactly look like a freak'n MVP against UGA in the SEC title game either... :dis: So TECHNICALLY, Flynn has only performed well in 50% of the games in which he got significant playing time against significant opponents (none of this "mop up" crap).

And I guess when Russell was named SEC PLayer of the Year by the Columbus Touchdown Club this past year, it was because there must have been a TON of people that just didn't know any better??? :dis:

I'm not saying that Flynn can't beat out Russell for the starting job--that may very well happen. We don't know exactly how well Russell will return from his injuries--and even if he IS 100% healthy, Flynn MIGHT still pass him....but at this point, I can't say that I would automatically start Flynn over JR. I'm just not one to allow a player to lose his starting job because of injury. Flynn needs to beat out JR fair and square.