When will SEC Brass get a media package so we can say Geaux Dickie V

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jeffinbama, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

While I have posted this before, when will the SEC get their act together and get us a solid TV package? We will be in the same situation next year and the year after when we have only 1 game a week on National TV. We get the late game on Tuesday night usually with ESPN and that is it. We occasionally get a game on CBS nationally. Our SEC tournament gets only one game on national tv. The big 12, big east, acc, and big ten all have their games in the tournament on the national networks.

Until then, get used to Dookie V, Digger and Jay talking up the conferences that they are paid to pump up.

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

puzzling to me why this is so. wonder where the $$ trail leads to?

3. Jeffinbama

It is because Mikey Slive and company cannot spell basketball. Maybe they will replace BD (may he rest in peace) with someone that has some spark to get us the media package the SEC deserves to get.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The SEC tourney was the only conference tourney video on Yahoo; I also saw video of some previous SEC games, don't know if they aired live. Maybe the SEC is passing tv and going straight to the net. I watched a game online and it came through really well.

5. Jeffinbama

Still will not help the perception that we are a football conference and that the espn world wont be there to pump us up.

6. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I think CBS would rather show primetime sitcoms than basketball during the regular season. I think more people across the country would rather watch that than sports.

Don't the networks pay the conference for television rights? I'm pretty sure that's so.

Bottom line is that ESPN wants to pay the ACC and the Big East/Ten. CBS doesn't want to pay the SEC during the regular season. End result? JP Sports! :(

7. Jeffinbama

In my opinion, the SEC has had poor leadership in their basketball position and that hopefully they get someone in there with brass kahunas to negotiate a good basketball deal for a national presence. Even if it is fox sports.. that would be better than what we have.

8. LSUDeek

um, the networks have to be willing to pay the sec some money. they currently aren't. not sure what is unclear to you about this. fox sports is already paying the pac-10 and the big 12.

do you mean that mike slive needs to tell the networks they can show us for free?

9. Jeffinbama

I think they really have not clue how to market a basketball package because they have nobody that can spell basketball in their organization.

10. LSUDeek

well you are certainly right about one thing -- that is that someone doesn't have a clue.