Where are all these Saints fans coming from?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by cajun_tiger, Dec 4, 2009.

1. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

Deep down, I don't like "Fair Weather Fans". But the truth is, we need them to help push the atmosphere when it counts. As far as I remember, my first memory was Mora's first season. Only because that's when my parents started really following them.

What really burns me up is when these "Fair Weather Fans" at work all of a sudden want to be off to watch the game at a friends house when it forces me to miss the game.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I had been burned out by the Saints because I got tired of the hints at having a competitive team and then they would slink back to mediocrity. Look at the Detroit Lions teams of these past few years. That's what us old Saints fans are used to seeing year after year, so it wears on you.

This team has gotten my attention and shows signs of being great, but I can't help waiting for the other shoe to drop.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

The first time I remember paying attention to LSU football was Dalton Hilliard's freshman year when I was 5 yrs old. When Dalton and Eric Martin were drafted by the Saints four years later, I instantly became a Saints fan and felt so proud that the Tigers played a big role with finally getting the Saints a winning season. Since then, the Saints have teased us a few times with glimpses but this year is either the ultimate tease or the beginning of the end of the world.

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

[​IMG]

You don't remember seeing this bug eyed coach on the sidelines?

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I went to see him give a private speech about 6 months ago. Very inspirational speaker.

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I have been a fan since my 1st game at 6 years old....I do know who DA and GM are just as much as I know other old Saints because my dad and grandpaw were fans so I learned from them...hell dad and paw paw where in Tulane Stadium for "The Kick"

But for guys of my generation a "real" fan will know the names of Toi Cook, Eric Martin, Dalton Hillard, Ironhead, The Dome Patrol, Sam Mills, Pat Swilling, Ricky Jackson, ALEX "LAME DUCK" Molden...

I guess what I am saying is you dont have to be a historian to be a real fan...base your question on their age....young guys like me asking how you spell Toi Cooks name? or name the primery memebers of the Dome Patrol?
    Are what was the asst coachs name that was the downfall of Jim Mora? If they cant answer those....YOU MIGHT HAVE A BANDWAGONEER!!!

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Jubilee Dunbar....WR from the early 70's and a 1st stringer on the Saints all-name team. My all time favorite was cornerback D'Artagnan Martin.

8. mctiger

It proves you may be a true fan. Here's the test: what teammate caused Bates to miss half his rookie season by breaking his jaw in a barroom fight, and got himself run out of the town in the process?

SaintslogoSaintslogo

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Can I answer...oo oo Mr kotter..Mr kotter...OO OO

Bonus points what club did it happen in and besides the "fight" what other connection does the club have to the Saints???

10. mctiger

:lol::lol: Go ahead, lay it on us.

You'll be stealing Dark Hornet's moment to shine, but we all know he's a younger generation WhoDat.