Where are the fire Chavis threads ????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stevescookin, Sep 5, 2010.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I have to admit that I didn't read all the threads and only some of the posts, but am I missing something here?

People are blaming Jefferson, Crowton and Miles (With whom the ultimate responsibility absolutely lies)...

But am I the only one who is royally ticked off and disappointed with Chavis???

I mean It sure looked like we went to the prevent defense at halftime. Our defense sucked because our defensive coordinator sucks.

Our defensive backs were playing 15 yards off the line of scrimmage for half the game...why in the world do you think Yates had 400 yards passing? He probably should have had over 500 with proper clock management on their part.

We also looked like a team that doesn't know how to blitz at all. In the entire second half, I think we probably only had one blitz...Patrick Peterson on the left side...and it wasn't disguised at all. Whenever the cornerback lined up on the left side, Yates threw a quick slant into the vacated position. Maybe they were setting things up for the Matthieu blitz....same play from the other side.

I believe the ten year old QB for the Abita Springs Warriors could have picked up on our blitzes.

Remember when LSU named their blitzes after states and had to name the extra packages after countries???

Chavis sucked camel boudin last night... and not many seem to recognize it.

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I'm with you. We were warned about the dual defensive coordinator thing, and we were warned by the Tennessee fans about 3rd and Chavis.

Miles, in another goof, went after a guy like himself, a bump on a log type of coach.

At least Chavis likes to blitz... Peterson.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Chavis is what he was at UT... everyone who has watching SEC football n the last 10 years knows what he is...

4. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: This is sad. :rolleye33: I wonder who ya'll would want to fire if we had lost? :LSU231:

5. CajunPunk

You do realize a QB got 400+ yards passing mostly in the second half from quick slants and a couple bombs, most of it to one guy.

We had no answer.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

pretty sure god is on the hot seat

7. CajunPunk

He shouldn't have allowed this to happen. lol

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I don't really think we should fire Chavis...it just seems like that's the theme today. I just think that the blame is misplaced...It falls squarely on the defense (and their coach)

I haven't even been to Tigerdroppings yet...I wonder what the meltdown is like over there ??

9. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: All I'm sayin' is that it's just amazing to witness an almost total meltdown of fans on this forum after a sloppy, first game WIN! :dis: Was the second half pretty? Absolutely not. Is there plenty of room for improvement? Absolutely. But I can't even imagine what would be happening on here if the Tigers had lost. It's getting to the point where it's depressing to get on TF for a day or two after the game, win or lose. Yes, it's sad. :LSU231:

1 person likes this.
  10. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Let's look at this objectively.

The defense did not leave the field the 2nd half. LSU had 6 drives in the second half, and 5 of them were 3-and-outs.

43% of this QB's yardage came from two blown assignments (in a defensive scheme that is designed not to give up big plays, ironically).

They had played very well through 3 quarters despite those two plays.

UNC had 30 total yards over 7 drives between UNC's scoring drives (about 25 minutes of game time).

The defense is very fixable. Remember the Washington game last year. We wanted Chavis' head then too. But that defense won us a few games.

Up by 20 points, you CAN give up those 6-8 yard plays. They were playing off the LOS because of those big plays. If, with 7 minutes left in the game, up by two scores, you can give up a long drive made up of quick slants because the only way that team can win is an onside kick or your offense not being able to get a first down.

LSU failed on both of those situations, thus allowing UNC to get the ball RIGHT back, against a tired defense.