Where are the fire Chavis threads ????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stevescookin, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I figured it would be a run up the middle, but didn't specify the formation. I should have known it would be shotgun. As far as the bomb goes, I think we shy away from it because of the time it takes to set up and the coaches are worried that JJ will break down. I say we won't know until it's tried. However, I'll say it again that it should be used as a "watch us, we're tricky" play and not a backbone of the offense. Trying and failing is better than being too scared to try.

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Initially, it may not give up a lot of points, but it gives up a lot of yards, thus keeping the defense on the field longer as well. So, 3rd and Chavis coupled with an inept offense isn't a good thing. I agree with you that the offense screwed the defense, but when you have a scheme that allows the other team to move the chains, it doesn't bode well in the long run.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

You're missing the point. If this was just 1 bad game in a span of a season or two no biggie... people would be crazy to complain... but this has been our struggle for 3 seasons now... at some point you have ask yourself when enough is enough. I'm beginning to blame our apparent blind and dumb AD since he gave GC a raise after last year when professors are being laid off and depts downsized... hell atleast the professors are graduating people... Crowton can't seem to move the ball more than once or twice a game.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't think you can even entertain the thought of firing Chavis. We played so many kids who have never even seen a snap it's crazy, against a legit offensive line, and a decent senior quarterback. We gave up big plays, and i think youth is to blame, not scheme, not Chavis. I still think Peterson shouldn't be on special teams, unless he does it in certain situations because it obviously effected his game in the secondary. I would rather have a full strength number 7 than have him half strength and a great punt returner. He was off the field way too much last night. On the other hand, i would be playing Mathieu and not Claiborne. I don't understand why Peterson was coming on blitzes but, i have total faith that youth was to blame for the yards given up, and i have the utmost confidence that Chavis will have this unit running like a well oiled machine before too long.

I wish i could say the same for the offense. I have no faith in Crowton, or that modified Pistol garbage formation. I think Deangelo Peterson will be huge when he comes back because that one good throw to Mitch Joseph over the middle Peterson could have taken to the house.