Where Are They Now?: Curly Hallman

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Oct 10, 2007.

1. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

In the same year curley's wife left him and he lost his job as coach at LSU.Also his dog died....Curley's response..."I sure miss the dog"

2. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Correct. Curley lost his job, wife, home, kids, dog.....career. EVERYTHING! That dude is a walking 70s country song.

Oh, and after he got canned at LSU he went to Bama as secondary coach. After Dubose got canned Curley was selling lumber for a while in Bama somewhere.

But you didn't see him blaming his LSU losses on the Louisiana school system like DiNardo did. Punk!

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Herein lies a part to the "rest of the story" about some of his pitfalls at LSU. Those in the know would know. :)

4. LSU0596

LSU0596 Respect

Agreed, he lost alot, but not his KIDS. I watched him run off the field after defeating ARky in his last game with his daughters hugging him. I personally know his oldest daughter and still keep up with her to this date.
    He was a bad coach and made alot of bad decisions. However, the way his family was treated and the things said to his daughters while in school by classmates was just wrong. Anyway, Jennifer still has a great relationship with her dad to this day.

Man this was just a dark time in LSU football! I have put those years out of my thoughts and hope we are never that bad again!

Geaux Tigers!!

5. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

Hypothetically,if a man cheats on his wife ...he lacks character and is in my opinion a scumbag. He would deserve whatever crap comes his way ,especially if he is a high profile person such as the football coach at Louisiana State University.I don't see what the problem would be with discussing those particular events.A person who would do that would have made his own bed.You reap what you sow.

6. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

When I say kids I mean that when they got divorced he lost everyday contact with them because if I understood it correct at the time, his wife moved back to Mississippi and left him here for a while. I didn't mean he permanently lost all contact with his kids as if he fell off the earth.

Anyway, I don't personally have anything against ole Curley. He was just in over his head here at LSU and I blame Joe Dean for hiring him in the first place.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Did Joe Dean hire any coach that was a winner?

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

old news, his muscle shoals mug shot was my avatar for quite a while over a year ago. i guess people didnt know it was him.

9. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

There may be a swimming coach in there somewhere that I don't know about but....short answer. No.

If I had known what was coming after Archer....i.e. Curley and DiNardo......I'd have kept Archer. I personally think Archer is a better football coach than either one of those guys. Archer has never been without a football check. And I'm not talking about high school football neither. He was a coach with the Steelers for many years after us. I don't remember any NFL team knocking down DiNardo's door.

10. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

To add another...Mike Archer is the D.C at NC State now