Where do we need to FILL in next year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jan 14, 2005.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

This is indirectly related to the topic, but a main reason why I like adding coaches to the staff who have NFL experience is to help continue what Saban and his staff did so well: reslotting and repositioning new talent to both fit the needs of the current team and to best position the recruits for success on the next level.

The more Marcus Spears kind of "from high school TE to first-day draft pick as DE" success stories we have, so much the better for recruiting and on the field success in the future.

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I think you're right about the blitzing. Kind of hard for a QB to take advantage of inexperience or weakness at the corner if you're running for your life on passing downs due to pass rush pressure.

Besides, bringing a CB on a blitz every so often and getting his jersey dirty on run support is a good way to keep him "in the game" mentally, to keep him aggressive.

3. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Offensive Line is key for me. With young QB's (yeah they are still young). We need to run very well. We will have more experience next year at OL, but what kind? We had a jumbled line all year. Kudos to the coaching staff for gluing it together each week. What i'd like to see is the same starters each week, to promote better teamwork, footwork, etc. & for Goodness sake keep livings at guard.
    I'd like to see bowe be more consistent ay WR & thow to the TE's more. We know RB's are solid.

I think we should be fine at DB, but.... I'm not familiar with the schemes we will be playing next year, (may be no one is yet). So that could influence our play, but we do have athlete's at DB.
    Somehow with all of the DL recruits last year, I believe we should be ok(IMO).
    I am concerned about MLB, though. We need a bonafide stud. I believe Kuale too light, not sure what diercton we will go. Does anyone think we may run some 3-4 or 5-2 to help with this issue?