Where do we stand with JC QB Mettenberger?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUFan1950, Oct 20, 2010.

1. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

I was just wondering where do we stand with him? Zack Mettenberger has an visit set for the Ole Miss game. If he commits to us we will not have an QB problem for a very long time and we could red shirt Rivers.

Sorry if he already had a Thread, I search for it before I started this one.

Scout.com: Zach Mettenberger Profile

LSU!

2. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

I would caution everyone laying hopes as Mettenberger being the savior of the LSU program at QB. The dude has no SEC experience at all or starting experience period. He'll likely be coming to our team next year with a new offensive system and his first true year to start. Playing in JUCO is different, obviously. He'll be a RS Sophomore, still fairly young with barely 2 years development. I know he was a big time QB coming out of HS and he was suppose to start for Georgia...but I'm sure we'll have growing pains with him.

Where we sit? Whispers we're the team to beat but he is taking a official to Texas A&M before us and he is considering them heavily. I've also heard Arkansas is making up ground with him and selling him immediate PT when Mallett leaves. Although, I doubt that considering the way his backup looked against AU...dude looked better than Malett...:bncry:

3. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I’m good with the little boobie grabber coming here.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He is on 1210 the score right now talking with Buddy Songy. This kid sounds like a lock to me.

5. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

What we need is for BhelmLSU to comment on where we stand with QB Mettenberger.

6. tigerfan1974

tigerfan1974 Veteran Member

Bhelm maybe handcuffed as to what he can or can not say. But, the general consensus is that we're sitting pretty good right now, but don't expect a Drew Brees impact out of him.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I think it was ass, not boobies.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I personally feel like it is done and the visit is just a formality at this point. Something could change but highly doubt it.

9. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I'll be relieved for the 2012 season if we get him. Next year - we'll see. Two very experienced seniors on the roster, I doubt Mettenberger beats them out. If he does, great. But he'll have to get on his horse to learn the system and be SO much better in practice that Les makes a very uncharacteristic move.

However, this gives Rivers time to grow by placing an experienced QB on the roster for 2012 and 2013 - and I like that (if it happens).
    :geaux:

10. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

It was both.