Where do we stand with JC QB Mettenberger?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUFan1950, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Gene - thanks for that post. I don't know an LSU fan who follows recruiting at all who doesn't really hope this works out awesome for both Mettenberger and LSU.

2. geneinga

geneinga Veteran Member

If any of you want to listen to the championship game this Sunday here's a link that will give you a link to the radio station that is carrying the game. Keep in mind they're an hour behind you, so game will start at 2:30 your time.

Butler Grizzlies - Football

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

that's all I need to hear....welcome to BR Zach :cool:

thx for the info gene!!

4. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

I can't wait for the Ole Miss game to get here so he will commit to LSU.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Just the way you said "CLEARLY" has to be the best tells me you have nearly the same reservations that I do about what Les Miles will do next year with the QB position.

6. Bandit88

Yep. If it's close - i.e. if he doesn't appear to be a game-changer in the Spring and Fall practice sessions - I don't think Miles will start him (at least initially) over the two seniors.

After tonights utter putridity at QB (which helped make the OL look bad, not that they needed much help), I have hope that Mettenberger will look so good in practice that the entire team will be like, "Where the F have you been?"

I really like Jefferson and Lee for the adversity that they've had to tackle. But it's a meritocracy on the football field. And 2011 needs to be a title run.

7. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

I would say Mettenberger will be pushing Jefferson and Lee tho. I think that is what LSU needs the most somebody to push the two in Spring and Fall practice.

8. Bandit88

Unfortunately, I don't think that's a factor anymore. They're as good as they're gonna get - Mettenberger won't make them any better in my opinion. He's either much better than both, or not. If not, he won't start - at least not at first. Miles (for very good reasons, normally) favors upperclassmen.

9. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

I think come spring if we are lucky enough to land Mettenberger the ball is in his hands. If he comes in and lights it up, shows he is all that is hyped about him and stands way above JJ and JL in the spring and fall camps. He will earn the reigns. Although Miles is very loyal I think he is smart enough to realize that a "damn strong Qb" with all the talent he has around him could put another crystal ball in his hands. :tigereye:

10. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Bandit with all due respect, I know you have been around forever, and are deeply involved with lsu football, I have to agree with him here, good qb competition can only help our two qb's it sure cannot hurt them.