Where do you rank the Florida win in terms of road SEC wins in recent LSU history?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 14, 2010.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: How 'bout the game at 'Bama ('01?) where Rohan Davey threw for over 500 yds and Josh Reed had over 200 yds receiving? Really enjoyed that Gump Whuppin! :hihi: 'Bama fans don't like to remember that one. :grin: :LSU231:

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Not sure where this one ranks but LSU over UT in OT in 2000 was special:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_uVCAxEBcg]YouTube - LSU upsets Tennessee in OT 2000[/ame]

4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Wow -- a fanstastic decade to say the least!

The majority of thrilling victories have come during the Les Miles era. I think it can be said that a hallmark of Miles' teams is the 4th quarter comeback. For the most part, there has been no quit in this team over the past several years. It says a lot about character and heart to be able to consistently put together late-game drives when it's all on the line. This ability reinforces in my mind that the players respect Miles and want to win.

:geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Rohan to Reed. Man, I miss that combination. Rohan Davey is one of my favorite QBs in LSU history. I'm also glad we get to relive all these great games through the magic of youtube.

P.S. I remember this OT win, but it that game never should've gotten there. We were killing them.

6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

he's got 15 to his credit I believe they said on tv. The '08 Auburn game was a great comeback... last second TD to the back of the end zone. Another reason Lee should play the Auburn game.

7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

When LSU took down the #1 Gators at home in 1997 and Banks was on the cover of SI with the captions of see you later alligator. The crowd stormed the field and was taking the turf home with them. The most amazing thing I have ever seen in Tiger stadium.:miles:

8. msully

msully Founding Member

JUST ANOTHER GAME

JUST ANOTHER GAME In the SEC . after all Bama beat the same Gator team 31 to 6 by 25 points , so Bama looks to be 3 td's better than the LSU Tigers , oh I forgot add one TD the Gators had a home game . So this was not really such a good game after all . Just another SEC game

9. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

It's an interesting question, and one I don't know enough about to make a sensible comment. However, IMO, it's too early to make a call. The Gators have been a huge stumbling block for LSU the last couple of years, but whether or not this win has a huge impact, or is just a very pleasant memory, depends on the AR, Aub, and Bama games. (Geez, what a task that sounds like when you say it out loud? Anybody think Boise, TCU or Ohio St. could make it through that gauntlet?) Beating the Gators has certainly put LSU in a position to have a remarkable year. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That's a home game though. If we are talking home games, the best win that I have seen at home would have been the 97 Florida game.