Where have you lived?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by lsu99, Dec 13, 2013.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

New Orleans
    Metairie
    Moreauville
    Anchorage, Alaska
    New Orleans
    Alexandria
    Arlington, TX
    Fort Worth, TX
    Beaumont, TX
    San Angelo, TX
    Fort Worth, TX
    Denton, TX
    Haltom City, TX
    Dallas, TX
    Little Elm, TX
    Frisco, TX

2. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Pretty much born and raised in Houma, La for 30 some years. I lived 2 years in Broussard, La due to my dad being transferred for his job, but ended up back in Houma after another transfer.

Lived in Port Arthur, TX for 6 months while working on a shipyard job, and lived in Pascagoula, MS for 5 months for another shipyard job.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Where did you go to school in Houma?

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I hope and somewhat expect to move back to Lafayette but also hoping it will be 10+ years down the road. I don't have any desire to ever get a fishing/hunting camp or weekend getaway spot but Lafayette fits that role for me. Friends, family, festivals, food, and an hour from LSU tailgating equals numerous weekend getaways.

I visited Aspen as a teenager and being in the mountains always puts me in a permanently good mood. I wonder if that natural high would last long term if I lived near mountains.

I've only been to Austin a few times but the lakes, hills, and state parks nearby are pretty cool. When my friends were single a few years ago, they would visit often for the 6th street scene and swear that there were two beautiful girls for every guy on a typical weekend night. After hearing their stories (likely slightly exaggerated), I'm surprised they finally settled down.

5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I worked/lived in Grayton Beach and in and around Aspen right out of college picking up jobs, having fun, traveling with a group of friends partying for 4 years until 1 of us settled down, got married and got a real job…..it broke the whole circle of fun we had going on. Many days I wish I was still bartending/waiting tables traveling around making barely enough to get by but having a blast doing it. Either snowboarded all day, hung out on the beaches of 30A or the 4 of us traveling around in that ole beat up Land Cruiser…..great memories.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Was on Bayou De Glaises St. the other night, by longbridge.

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Do they still do the Christmas lights in the water in Cottonport? I remember that used to be the thing to see when we went to Moreauville for Christmas. Good times on the bayou. I had my first drunk and puke at Kurl's in Mansura the night before my cousins wedding. I was 15. Nobody gave a crap around there. I thought it was so cool.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

They still do, and it's Kyrle's. Only reason I know that is because I'm related to Kyrle, lol. I'm the same way though, I used to live on the bayou on horseshoe, which was the road far side of the bayou. All great memories of that place being a kid, my mom went to Cottonport High, used to watch the Cottonport Wildcats play football. I remember Kelso Williams was a tailback there, and he was my favorite player.

9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Terrebonne High graduated in 95

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Galveston, Texas: 0-2 months
    Harahan/River Ridge/New Orleans: 2 months to 26 years old
    Fairplay, Colorado
    Denver, Colorado
    Darien, Georgia
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Crofton, MD