Where is Michael Ford?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geaux9, Sep 28, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Ware would be the backup right now and he has played along with Ford. Ware more than Ford.

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I just don't get the same feel from Ware that I do from Ridley and Ford...

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

They are very similar. Ware and Ridley are about the same weight and height and both have great awareness in the hole. Similar speed as well.

I would say Ware is more athletic and has a little more leg power because Ware's calves are massive.

Ware came in to LSU more physically ready to play compared to Ridley.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Who cares? We're running the ball 100x better than last year and Ridley is among the SEC's top rushers.

I'm perfectly fine with what I've seen of Ridley (since the 2-fumble UNC game).

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Perhaps Michael Ford is not as good a college running back (yet) as he was a high school running back? I think it's possible.

Perhaps Ware, the #1 player out of Ohio, is a better college running back (already) than he was a high school quarterback? I think that's possible, too.

6. locoguano

Just to keep the conversation going... Miles commented that Ford was impressive in practice this week and should see more playing time.

The way I see it, if LSU is going to be a power rushing team, then why not have all of these guys getting touches. Let Ridley pound away for a few quarters and have soemone like Ford come in in the 4th quarter with fresh legs.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'd like to see them all get touches, but they can't all be feature backs. Ridley has waited his turn and is going to be given the opportunity to post a 1,000 yard season and get some SEC recognition. But I think we'll see the youngsters in the mix for a few carries, just to develop the depth.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

The running back by committee keeps fresh legs in, heck with 1,000 yard seasons- rotate fresh backs to plow over defenders.

I know the "committee" approach is not popular but it's much more widely used than most realize.

9. locoguano

I prefer the committee approach.. its working with the defensive line. One of the major strengths of a team like LSU is depth at all positions (except QB). So you make that depth a weapon and play as many guys as you can that will still do the job.

10. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

And they are doing this.

You people are complaining about stuff not happening, that indeed is happening.

Like saying "we lost" when we won, or saying "we never blow people out" when we have won two conference games (out of a total of 2) by 13 or more points, or saying "Miles never rotates RBs" when we have played 5 different guys at tailback this season (including Shep).

When will it end with you morons?

2 people like this.