Where to stay in Tuscaloosa?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dhotard, Aug 3, 2003.

1. dhotard

dhotard Freshman

I plan on traveling to Tuscaloosa to see the Tigers whip up on the Crimson Tide, and would like to know the best hotel to stay in. Where do most Tigers stay, what is the team hotel, how close is it to Bryant-Denney Stadium, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Davis C. Hotard :lsug:

2. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I think you are going to have a hardtime finding a hotel in Tuscaloosa at this point. I searched hotels.com the other day and the only Tuscaloosa hotel with availability was The Best Inn (I think that was the name)...for like $70/night. Don't know what that hotel is like but you can give it a shot.

if not book a room in Hoover, it's only about 45 minutes from Tuscaloosa. They should have plenty of rooms.

3. Auburn Tiger

Auburn Tiger Founding Member

Stay anywhere south of Red Mountain (Hoover, Mountain Brook, Vestavia, Pelham) here in Birmingham and you'll enjoy your stay. You'll be under 1 hours drive to B-D stadium. Anywhere near downtown Birmingham and north of the city, you take your safety into your own hands.

Not a lot of places to stay in Tuscaloosa, and there is nothing between Tuscaloosa and Birmingham, and Tuscaloosa and Meridian.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I agree. The best hotels for Tuscaloosa are actually on the Birmingham bypass an hour away. There is a very nice hotel on campus for conferences and such, but it is surely booked up solid.

5. sportbama101

sportbama101 Freshman

T Town

Welcome to T Town and may the best team win Roll Tide