Where to watch in North Dallas?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by McKinneyTiger, Oct 23, 2002.

1. McKinneyTiger

McKinneyTiger Founding Member

Where are people in North Dallas watching the game? I am aware of Ben's Halfway House (sorry if I butchered the name) on Greenville and I think Ivy's in Plano will carry the game.

Any other ideas?

2. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

We must've posted at the same time. (see my post...hey dfw tigers) I'm wondering if there are any good spots over here around Fort Worth.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Hello Buddy, Fellow North Texas Tiger here (Live in Carrollton)

There are several places actually. Ivy's Bayou Bistro is very close to you. I met the guy coming back from the Sugar Bowl. He has LSU stuff everywhere on the wall. He always has the games.

Bens Half Way house is a big LSU spot as well.

I like my Living Room, except I do frequent Ivy's because the owner and most of the staff are LSU fans and usually when I am there I am treated very very well.

Anyway, shoot me an email.

Geaux Tigers

4. McKinneyTiger

McKinneyTiger Founding Member

Just the three of us...

I can't imagine that we are the only 3 folks in the DFW area on this board, maybe the others have real jobs... :)

I can vouch for both Ben's and Ivy's. Get to Ben's early as there is a good turnout.

TexasTigers I appreciate the offer and one day I may have to take you up on it. This weekend I may be lucky to catch lunch and the second half at Ivy's.

I will be flying my flag this weekend as well although I will have to put up our Texas Tech flag later as my wife is a Red Raider. Fortunately the chance of LSU playing Texas Tech in football is pretty slim so we don't have to root against one another. Instead we can unite against the rest of the Big 12...

I am surrounded by Aggies, Sooners, Longhorns and Horned Frogs. There is a Florida grad around the corner and we do have one neighbor from Alabama who roots for Auburn as well (boy is she confused).

5. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

There are others of us, we just don't have anything to add to this conversation... There just aren't enough places to see the game around here. Actually, I just learned about Ivy's on this thread.

Ben's isn't too bad, but you definitely need to get there very early if you want good seats. I guess I will check out Ivy's one of these weeks if I have too. My preferred viewing location is my couch. Hopefully the KY game will be on CBS, ESPN, or ESPN2 so I won't have to venture out of my house the rest of this season.

6. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Where is Ivy's? I have never heard of it. I have heard of Ben's but have yet to make it by there.

7. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Ivie's is on 75 (Central)

1861 N Central Expy just south of Park.

8. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Thanks. I am actually going to be at 75 and Plano Parkway at some point today, so I will go check it out.

9. PlaneauxTiger

PlaneauxTiger Founding Member

Guys,

I live in Plano (or Planeaux as I like to call it) and I sometimes watch LSU games at Austin Avenue at Parker & Alma. I plan to go there for the Auburn game Saturday.

10. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Welcome to the board, PlaneauxTiger!