Where to watch the game in Houston?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FOREVER LSU, Oct 14, 2003.

1. FOREVER LSU

FOREVER LSU Founding Member

I will be in Houston on Saturday...where do the Tiger fans meet to watch the game?

Thanks!!!

:lsug: :geaux: :lsug:

2. tigers

tigers Founding Member

Best place to watch the Tigers when in Houston is at Woodrows at the corner of Chimney Rock and Richmond. Great atmosphere and pretty good food. The place will be packed with LSU fanatics, so get there early.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you're in Houston and not in Columbia, SC the best place to watch the game will be on ESPN

:cool: :D :geaux: :lsug:

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Yeah, I second the nomination for Woodrow's. Try to get a table upstairs if you can. Also, sometimes they have updates on lsuhouston.com or lsunorthhouston.com (I think). There are some other locations in north houston that LSU fans get together if you're on that side of town.

5. stk

stk Founding Member

I'll also agree on Woodrows. Upstairs is key, so get there early. Food isn't good at all, but the beer is cheap and it is open air so a great place to get rowdy for a game on a nice day.

6. FOREVER LSU

FOREVER LSU Founding Member

Thanks for the help!!!

Bengal B, that is ESPN2!!!

Geaux Tigers

7. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I concur regarding Woodrows. It will be packed with vocal LSU fans and you do need to get there early! I made the mistake of arriving shortly before kickoff for the Kentucky game a couple of years ago and could find no place to sit!

If you are going to be staying on the north side of town, I recommend SRO Sports Bar on 1960 at Cutten Road (near Willowbrook mall). It's not strictly or primarily an LSU group as Woodrows is, so the Tigers may not be on the biggest screen. But they've got more screens and you can more easily keep an eye on whatever other games are on the tube at the same time.

If you're in or near the Woodlands, you can find an LSU group at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Good luck.

:geaux:

:lsug: 20
    SC 17