where was Charles Scott?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by medtiger, Sep 16, 2006.

1. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

I blame Miles for our lack of running, not Jimbo not O line. I believe that Miles must have told Jimbo that the Freshman was not ready for a game like this, but maybe it was Jimbo's decision...either way pretty stupid.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Earl Campbell wouldn't have gained many yards behind this O-line, Scott wasn't going to make a difference.

3. Nothnimpossible

Nothnimpossible Freshman

Yea... I was really looking to see Scott in there. Maybe he could have gave the running game a slight spark.

4. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

I don't see why you guys are blaming the O line. JR was never touched, until the last drive. There were several times that a back with speed would have turned the corner buy Alley didn't make it. Also Irons had no trouble making gains and I promise that his holes were no bigger than ours.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I would have liked to have seen Scott, as both Vincent and Broussard seemed to lack a burst. However, I don't think he would have fared a whole lot better, as the lanes just weren't there. It was disappointing to see no plays being made by the RBs despite this though.

6. Nothnimpossible

Nothnimpossible Freshman

That was one thing that made me mad. Seeing Alley trying to turn the corner. He got his hype from running people over. Not running to the outside every iso play.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The O-line has done a great job pass blocking but they have done zero to open holes for the running game. JR should have been in the shotgun the rest of the game after the first quarter and our offense would have been much more succesful. Irons is a special back and he did have better blocking.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

U got that right!

9. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

There's no doubt the OL was bad on Run plays. They did a great job at pass protection IMO.

Auburn plugged the lanes up all day. Yes that is good on Auburn but the OL needs improvement big time because you should at least get a few holes made for the RB's during the game but they made 0 holes. That is not good.

The RB's are at fault along with the coaches for not trying out Scott or Williams. They are quicker and aren't timid like AB and JV. Even AB looked timid this week. You can't redshirt Scott now, so put him in. Try something.

Scott is better at changing directions and getting around the corner with his speed and that is what we needed today. I couldn't believe they didn't try him out in the 3rd. That is ridiculous.

The play calling was bad also. They gave AU the same looks time and time again. The shifting 3 WR's at the end of the LoS was run countless times. No mis direction, need more play action, maybe 2 screens in the 1st half, no end arounds that were run 4 or 5 times in the 1st 2 games.

Nothing special in the offensive play calling, nothing creative, but just very very ordinary. You have to keep a defense like AU off balance.