Where was the #3 defense today?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by boblinfoto, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Lurking Tiger

Lurking Tiger Founding Member

The O was not great, but the D was terrible. They cost LSU this game. I know 24 points is not that much to give up, but the incredible play of the special teams disguised how bad the defense was. How many times did the punt team force Auburn to start inside their own 20 ? 10 ? 5 ?

Auburn marched down the field at will. They didn't score more points because their average drive was around 85 yards.

The best unit on the field Saturday was Auburn's offenense. Close behind was LSU's punt team.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

just to play devils advocate, points are all that matters. and had the special teams not pinned auburn back so much they wouldn't have had nearly as many yards. the defense did enough in my opinion, the offense failed us.

3. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

While we are asking - where was the improved offensive line?

:eek:ldskule:

4. Lurking Tiger

Lurking Tiger Founding Member

I can tell by your avatar that we agree on many things, well, at least one thing.

But I will have to disagree with you on this. Anytime a defense gives up that many yards, win or lose, it's a complete failure. Especially with the talent level on this team.

You are also right about the points. In the end, that is the only stat that matters.