Where were the fans?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 11, 2012.

1. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

Not me man! I stayed to the very end and predicted that interception.

To many people worried about the traffic I guess.

gynojunkie likes this.
  2. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

i've never left tiger stadium early. ticket prices are too high. i want to get my money's worth and if we're losing, i sure don't leave. it looks like i'm quitting. the fans don't want the players to quit, but they don't mind leaving early if we are losing.
    Just think if the players quit like the fairweather fans do?
    imagine...down 14-3 at halftime..."ugh, i want to beat traffic. there's no way we can beat a saban coached team. lets go home"-any lsu player.

Plus, i don't want to give the other teams fans the satisfaction of seeing me leave early.

col reb likes this.
  3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Shocking? Where have y'all been the last 10 years. This has been happening. Nothing new happened last night, if anyone is shocked they havent been paying attention.

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Unless it is Townson, if I ever make it to a game, I will be the last one out of Tiger Stadium, I guaran - damn - tee you that. Unless of course, I take drunk and am carried out by the paramedics.

That is like going to the Masters, and leaving when the lead group is on the 16th green.

Traffic..WTF...it is been a long time since I have been in college, but I thought that is what parking lots, blankets and condoms were made for. Dayum!

gynojunkie, GregLSU and Jean Lafitte like this.
  5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

PARKING LOTS, BLANKETS AND CONDOMS ?? Good Heavens, man ! SOME OF US HAVE DAUGHTERS ! Mind your behavior in the parking lot with your blanket.

StaceyO likes this.
  6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I was there til the end. I hate it when I go as a guest of someone who wants to leave early. If I'm the host, we aint leaving early!

Even with all the people that left early, it still took us an hour to get from campus to the interstate. As to Red's comment about it cooling off, I was definitely glad that I brought a jacket.

7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

THat was pretty damn sad last night, seeing so many people leaving so early. Those kids deserve better than that.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I sat through the '09 Vandy game getting poured on and totally soaked, mainly due to the store running out of ponchos... but damn I was 4 rows up from the back of the end zone in the Vandy section, and I wasn't leaving. Great seats, close enough to yell at the players and ruffle the visitors. Was a great time to be an LSU fan.

Moral of the story? I don't give a rats ass if we're winless... I'm sticking around and showing love for the players and staff. If I'm the only one in the stands, then they'll know who I am until my voice gives out. Fuck the bandwagon fags...

gynojunkie likes this.
  9. Mis'sippi Tigah

Mis'sippi Tigah South End Zone Bleachers

I feel like it's been progressively changing to a big wine and cheese crowd for several years.

I was told to sit down I'm the south end zone Sat night, which I've never done in my 15 years of being a season ticket holder.

And I ate 3 tickets. Couldn't give them away

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Uhhh, leaving because the weather isn't perfect is exactly what a "fairweather" fan is. It doesn't have to be raining or snowing. Lots of people in the stadium were underdressed with wind chills in the low 50's. The rabid fans stay to the end, as always, but the casual fans leave when they get uncomfortable. It has always been this way.