Where were the fans?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 11, 2012.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I hate to see large numbers of people leaving early. I think it is largely a "see and be seen" crowd out there.

With that being said about traffic, etc., last year for the Arkansas, I stayed to the very end, and even watched the presentation of the boot. Then, we high-tailed it out of the stadium, walked quickly, and made it to our car at the LSU lakes. By not dragging our asses to the car, we avoided much of the traffic.

I guess some folks are just going to walk slowly and allow the traffic to get ahead of them. That and being parked near the stadium or in the interior of the campus. Parking on the perimeter and walking makes getting off campus much faster.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If you leave early and it's not an emergency your season tickets should be revoked

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Traffic comes with the territory. If you don't want to sit in traffic, stay home. Folks that aren't willing to make that sacrifice are not true fans. You don't embarrass your team on national TV like that. It's tasteless.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Those people should let real fans have their tickets.
    Sadly I think thats whats the case. A lot of people want to say they were at the game. If you dont want to fight traffic dont go to the game. Let a real fan have the ticket........ like me!!!

5. StaceyO

I guess it makes me mad because I live out of state and cannot go very often. I'm on a waiting list for season tickets--but I don't see getting them any time soon. The folks in Baton Rouge are just spoiled by our success.

6. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Has anyone given any thought to having "satellite parking" away from Tiger Stadium (TS) so as to ease the gridlock? People could park nearer to their homes, possibly at local schools, and then bus to and from TS. To help fund the "busing program", parking fees at TS could be raised to subsidize the busing program making for an added incentive to bus to and from TS.

7. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

I don't have any direct experience to answer your question, but guess that just as a full stadium with loud enthusiastic fans is part of the game atmosphere and should properly be reported, a stadium that empties out before the game has really been decided is uncommon and consequently, even more newsworthy.

I remember that before they panned to the empty stands, the announcer commented about how loud it was given how many fans had left. That comment, which I think was appropriate reporting, begged for visual support which was quite graphic and embarrassing for LSU.

TigerTap likes this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It has been happening with greater frequency and in greater numbers over the last 10 or so years. I see some leaving at halftime (you can tell as they take all their stuff with them). They know what they are doing as you can tell from their reactions when called on it.

Don't know what can be done except to embarass them as they leave.

9. StaceyO

On Tigerdroppings, there was a big thread about this, and numerous d-bags were basically telling those who hate the stadium emptying out to kiss their asses. "I had my two kids with me, and they were tired. I didn't want them to have to be in the car for a long time after the game; they'd be cranky." Excuse me? They'd be cranky? I'm a mom of two--they'd be sleeping.

The ones leaving early just don't give a damn. Poor babies--they were tailgating all day and were just too freakin tired to stay for the game.

Screw tailgating if it tires you out so much that you can't stay for the event for which you were tailgating. Priorities, people...

10. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Last time I was in Tiger Stadium was 2008 vs. Bama, so it was great to be home and in TS last night. I noticed a more subdued tailgate atmosphere, and it was certainly noticeable inside the stadium. I guess it just depends on who LSU is playing. Naturally, people are going to get up for Bama, not so much the week after and against a team LSU has beaten 13 straight times and last 21/22 games (or something like that). Wasn't a big game atmosphere. That said, I brought 4 of my guys with me (none are from the South) so they could see what makes LSU so special, and even though everything was relatively low key for the average LSU fan, they said they had an absolute blast. I don't know who all they talked to, but they went from tailgate to tailgate. Once folks realized they were in the Army, they ended up with more than they could eat and drink. So, I appreciate you taking care of them, whoever you are.

I stayed until the band finished the Alma Mater, traffic be damned. But my visits are to DV are few and far between. I try to soak up as much as possible, especially knowing where I'll be next football season.