Where would you rank LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Aug 20, 2004.

?

LSU should have been ranked?

Poll closed Sep 3, 2004.

22 vote(s)
    26.5%

21 vote(s)
    25.3%

22 vote(s)
    26.5%

8 vote(s)
    9.6%

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  6. Out of the top 5

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I voted LSU #1 based upon the fact that I believe that at the end of the season the Tigers will be the best football team just like they were last year. They may not make it to the Orange Bowl because of the murderous SEC road schedule that USC and Miami won't face but whether they are ranked #1 or not they will be capable of beating anybody come January. USC could end the regular season undefeated. If Miami beats Florida State on opening day they almost surely will be undefeated. Oklahoma could go undefeated. If LSU is 10-2 or 11-1 after the SECCG and ranked behind those teams that won't mean that the Tigers aren't as good or better, just that they played a tougher schedule. If there was a playoff instead of the current BCS system LSU would win it.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It means what it says. That 55-11 record and OU's domination of a relatively weak Big 12 created a mystique of invincibility. A lot of teams were beat before they set foot on the field. Snyder and Saban showed that teams with talent (and solid coaching) can beat them. It's only been 2 games, but Stoops needs to show that he can get the Sooners to that perceived level* again and I don't think he can.

*"Greatest college football team ever"