Where's Eric reed?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vshouse, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That's him...Thanks

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Sport if your concentration is not totally focused on your assignment...you can be that half a beat late that puts you out of position.

3. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Unfortunately, Eric Reid has been caught out of position, taking bad angles, and over-pursuing all season.

4. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

i think even eric would agree he has not played as well as he can this year.

We dont have the experience in the secondary this year and i think eric has tried to do a little to much.

His tyackling has suffered.

I looked at the seniors leaving and there will be a few that hurt but most of the positions we lose people we have quality replacing them.

And the right side of our oline is freshman now.

We get chris faulk back for next year.

Our qb is getting better by the game and i believe will be back.

Our defense gets better i think even though we probably lose our ends.

I have had my issues with our o co. and les has tried to overcoach a little this year. But dam Les is a good coach and we are gonna be tough next year.

Lets finish this season strong and work hard in the offseason and come in next year hungry.

5. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

I can totally disagree what everyone is saying about this guy. He's a Laron Landry type safety and he will do just fine in the NFL. Guy is a head hunter and has made some pretty big plays while he has been at LSU. He makes a lot of tackles and with a little bit of training by NFL coaches could make a big impact. He will be missed a lot but I think with the guys we have coming back they will fill in just perfect. Offense looks like they are coming along just fine. Could imagine if our offense had played this well all season long? Just think of the possibilities...

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

exactly, the guy hasnt turned into Danny McCray, he is still a second round pick with his size and intelligence.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

...who got beaten badly on a TD pass in the Cowboys game yesterday.

fanatic likes this.
  8. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

LOL...yes but it's ok, because the rest of his secondary is distracting him! LOL come on.....there is no doubt his play is way down from last year, personally I think the rest of the seconday last year made him look better than he is. He definately needs to come back another year....imo, but if he is offered 2nd round money, i dont think he will be, then he should hall it!

9. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Than it's his fault for not being totaly focused! Same thing applies for whoever steps on the field, you cant blame someone else for YOUR mistakes. Tharold Simon...did not MAKE him take a bad angle on that slant route, just like Loston didn't MAKE him miss the tackle on the QB either.

10. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Count me among those who do not see his football intelligence this year. Bad angles get you killed in the NFL and I can't imagine him being picked in the second round in April as a Jr. Maybe a 5th rounder?

Landry would sometimes get burned going for the big play but he rarely was so out of position. Eric needs another year to improve his stock.