Where's Eric reed?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vshouse, Nov 17, 2012.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Name a player at LSU that had more Facemask calls than Landry? Hint: There isn't one.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Not bad for Danny Mc, 3rd on the team in tackles this year.

3. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

LOL..what does that have to do with anything? Are you trying to insinuate that because landry had a lot of facemasks he was out of position alot?

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

A few things, lazy, out of position, just trying to make a play, etc. He has a stat that I can't remember anyone ever being that bad. On any team.

5. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Reid will never be the safety that landry was and is. Your barking up the wrong tree there.

6. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I remember being frustrated with Landry a few times but not to the extent you describe. Sure never considered him lazy. We are talking about the LSU safety LaRon Landry picked sixth overall right? And the NFL will give us an analysis on Reid in April if he is stupid enough to come out.

vshouse likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

When did I say he was?

8. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I'm no the one comparing him to landry, you brought that up not me. Then you talk about how bad landry was, " being lazy, out of position, trying to make a play, all the face masks" not understanding what you are getting at there?

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

As I said in the beginning NOT AN EXCUSE. It is something that he and the coaches should have worked on and hopefully did. It happens all the time in real life sport. The loss of experiance and coordination changes dynamics and how individuals play and react.

If you remember when Jack Hunt graduated the play of the secondary was poorer even though he was replaced by a better athlete (Laron Landry I think) the next year. Why because communication was weaker and the players were less certain of each other. Same thing here. After a year of added experience the backfield was strong. My opinion is that he was assuming too much responsibility because he didn't have the experience surrounding him.

There is a difference in seeing a problem and addressing it and seeing a problem and giving a pass on it. I never suggested it was ok or that he deserved a pass.

10. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member