Where's KTeamLSU now that we're seeing 1,000's of homes seized from Kelo decision?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LsuCraig, Apr 21, 2006.

1. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

When this decision first came down, I was on here arguing with KTeamLSU who said the Kelo Supreme Court decision meant little if nothing. Tell that to 1,000's of homeowners who can now legally be evicted from the property. What you got to say now dude?

From 1998 through 2002, state and local governments seized or threatened to seize more than 10,000 homes, businesses, churches and pieces of land, not for "public use" but to enrich private interests, some of whose enhanced riches can be siphoned away by taxes. Such legalized theft—theft by government—does not use a gun, it just abuses the power of eminent domain. And it was declared constitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court in Kelo v. New London last year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12333784/site/newsweek/

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Where is red55 to direct you to the statement in the user agreement about calling out posters?:hihi:

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Re: Where's KTeamLSU now that we're seeing 1,000's of homes seized from Kelo decision

Oklahoma State is getting ready to do the same for their new "Athletic Village"

Check out boonestate.com.

4. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

This project in Lubbock was able to move rapidly because of the threat of govermental action. Yeah, the Mayor's Dad also was the force behind this project.

http://www.betenbough.com/realestatenewsp3.htm
    Progress at Overton Park, it seems, doesn't stop for anyone — even Delbert McDougal.
    The chairman of McDougal Cos. called the media together Tuesday afternoon to tout his company's quicker than expected progress in the rebuilding of the North Overton neighborhood, the largest privately funded revitalization project in the United States.
    He had to speak, though, over the thrum of a machine toiling behind him on one of the project's crown jewels — the $30 million residential/retail complex known as The Centre at Overton Park.
    The project as a whole is running about three years ahead of schedule, with construction now expected to be done by the end of 2006, McDougal said.
    He attributed the schedule-busting to, "Just the fact we've been able to do our purchasing (of existing properties) much quicker than we expected."
    He added that demolition of those properties was also progressing more quickly than anticipated.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That's not what "calling out" means. The guy just asked a question.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I know man. I'm just joshin' you/him.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This stuff is scary, America no longer exists like I once knew her.
    We are getting more and more like China everyday, communism.
    Don't believe it?

Waco, then seizing people's property such as land and then guns.
    I couldn't believe that law enforcement went into houses of law
    abidding citizens and took their guns away, then didn't return them
    after the storm to boot.
    I heard this on WWL the other day.
    Until the court order came they didn't return them until the other day, then
    they should've been ordered to return them where they got them from.
    Our rights are slipping away right in front of our eyes and theres not anything anyone can do about it!
    Our government is to the point that our founding fathers had feared IMHO.

8. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

You're right. I saw a long show on the "new" China yesterday on HD Discovery. It was about the changes China is undergoing with money and a huge disparity between rich and poor. But the main thing I took from it, in order to continue to "prosper", they took apartments from low-wage workers and gave the property to developers to build high-rise condos. They gave the people a fraction of what their property was worth.

Same thing going on here.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Only difference is if you typed that in China you'd be dead now.

Everything is going to be fine. The black helicopters aren't going to carry us off.