Where's the Play Action pass for Lee?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Oct 10, 2010.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The rushing game is really struggling with J. Lee in at QB. This makes no sense to me, because you would think that having a QB that can actually pass would open up the running game.

What I realized last night is that we try to run the same types of running plays regardless of whether Lee or Jefferson is in the game. I must wonder - WHY???

Where are the play action passes with Lee in the game? This would force the defense to be honest.

It seems to me that this is the difference in our ability to run the ball with Jefferson at QB vs Lee.

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

We're 6-0 buddy. Thats all you need to know. Nothing more to be discussed. Move on. [/sarcasm]

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I saw the opposite... LSU ran well with Lee in. They started slowing down when ConservaLes stopped passing as much.

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Having the exact same thought last night - Jefferson's value is obviously that he's a legitimate running threat, so the defense has to dedicate time/personnel to him on running plays. Not so with Lee.

I'm not gonna complain, though because just when I bitch about Jefferson's horrid throwing motion, he does something with his legs (like scoring on that busted play) that Lee can't do.

Matt Flynn was a little of both. Without all the pick-sixes...

Brett - you need to chill, bro. It's gonna be aight. :grin:

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

As did I. The attack was very balanced when Lee played. That's what happens when they respect the pass. And a play-action is really only effective when the running game is perceived as a threat, anyway. So yeah, I agree that we should run it with Lee. :grin:

6. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

We ran the PA with Lee last week and it worked great. I think you'll see it more often.