Which football game was the best EVER in LSU history?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by hpmcdaniel, Feb 5, 2005.

1. luvmesumlsu

luvmesumlsu Founding Member

1997 Florida Game-- Was in the student section (enough said)
    NC vs OU
    UGA SEC Championship game

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

2003 LSU v. UGA - this game was the most electric I have been to... Tiger Stadium was pumped and sent the dogs home with tails tucked between their legs and *horror* stories about our fans ie portapotty punch, UGA admin mudbath...

2003 LSU v. OU - No one expected us to hang with these guys, much less control the entire game and punk out Mr. Heisman.

2001 LSU v Tenn. - Tennessee was controlling the game with Rohan in, but when Mauck came in the game they crumbled.

2001 LSU v. AU - Tubby's Thugs stomp on the "Eye", LSU onside kick recover, Golden band throws a shoulder into David Duval at the end of halftime... oh and we beat those fa gs.

2002 LSU v. UK - "Bluegrass Miracle" enough said

I was at LSU from 2001-2004 so I didn't experience the OT Tennessee, the #1 UF in '97, the '88 Earthquake game...

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

The '72 Ole Missus game...At the time I lived about 20 min. from the Mississippi border. I remember folks driving over and looking at signs that said, "You are now entering Louisiana...set your clock back 4 seconds." :hihi:

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

As many of you, the '04 Sugar Bowl for the National Title, IMO, is the most memorabe/meaningful.

In terms of "Greatest games" that I've attended, I would have to say the OT victory over UT 38-31 in 2001.

I would say, over-all:
    1. Sugar Bowl '04 vs OU (W 21-14)
    2. vs UF in '97 (W 28-21)
    3. vs UT in '01 (W 38-31)
    4. "Earthquake Game" vs Auburn (W 7-6)
    5. Billy Cannon's Halloween run

5. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

wasn't the UT OT win in '00 ? I think in '01 they beat us, and then we stomped them in the SECCG.

6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

yea we beat tenn in OT in 2000
    and we lost @tenn 26-18 in 2001 and beat them again 31-20 in the SECCG

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I still loved the UT game of 2001

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

ALL OF THEM ARE THE GREATEST!!! Heck, just being in Tiger Stadium on Saturday is enough to make almost ANY game the best for me! However, if I would have to choose... I'd have to say that our NC game was the best in recent years. We had a lot of memorable games that season. The Arizona game was about the best I've seen LSU play an entire game EVER. So what if Arizona was TERRIBLE that year! The UGA game from the same season was electrifying. The 97 UF game was also great. There are just WAY too many "great" games. It'd be easier to pick out the "not so great" games, imo!

9. LewisvilleTiger

LewisvilleTiger Freshman

I was at the 79 USC game as a Boy Scout ushering and it was absolutely incredible. When Marcus Allen scored that late TD, I could have died. It was awesome. I was at the Earthquake game, the Florida game and the Tennessee game and loved them all. The national championship is #1 for obvious reasons, but that USC game is a very close second for me.

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I must have heard about that 79 USC game a million times from my dad! I wish I could have been there and the Tigers could have pulled it out!