Which football game was the best EVER in LSU history?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by hpmcdaniel, Feb 5, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

damn, you'd think his scholly would be up by now.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Sept. 20th, 2003...LSU 17, Georgia 10.

This was the game that made me realize that the eventual 2003 National Champions were going to be something special.

For sheer drama and intensity, it was the greatest football game I've ever witnessed anywhere. Two such evenly-matched teams both just leaving it all
    on the football field. It was violent poetry.

3. Geaux Girl

Geaux Girl Founding Member

I was at the Bama game in 1982 as well. My friends and I will never forget that game for a different reason. We had all driven up there and were going to stay at one of our friend's father's friend's house. We all drove up in groups (about 8 college girls) and when we discovered that the man happened to be the owner of alot (if not all) of the Kentucky Fried Chicken Franchises in Alabama and offered us his lake house. We never met him but were being hosted by his college age son who was cute. Well, all was well Friday night,we went to bunches of parties on campus. Saturday hung out with the guy and then we all left for the game. He stayed there because he didn't have tickets.
    We enjoyed the game and after decided that a fun party at that fine lake house sounded like a good idea. We spread the word about this party prospect at our posh digs and before you know it we had a caravan of over 25 cars following us out to this fine house in the middle of the boonies on this gorgeous lake. Well, we kept thinking how cool we were and how our "stock" would soar as festive party girls as we looked back on the huge line of cars filled with LSU faithful. Well, after stocking up on beverages we all approach the picturesque home and park the multitude of cars on the pasture in front of the gorgeous antebellum style home witha huge wrap around front porch. Everyone is joyously ambling up to the home when......
    ..... (insert psycho music soundtrack).... our host comes out on the front porch with a shotgun that he cocks and aims and says, "Get the hell of my property!"
    Agh!!!!! Within 2 minutes there is nothing left but a cloud of dust and the exhaust fumes of cars that peeled out and were gone in a flash. We were left wondering what to do... leave? (suitcases etc. inside!) beg forgiveness? We decided to beg forgiveness and like dogs with their tails tucked in we slipped quitely inside and had to go to bed.
    Looking back on this in hindsight, I realize that he did what he had to do because I am sure that his home would have been trashed, but talk about burst our bubbles. We call that night "The Greatest Party that Never Was" amd I hope you weren't in the crowd of shocked, turned away party people.
    Anyway, I know I hijacked the thread but always wondered about who would have been there. As I recall we invited everyone that we spoke to after the game and that that would have been 90% guys and they wouldn't have enjoyed a party where the numbers were off like that.:redface:

As far as favorite games, I remember them throwing all of the oranges on the field that time in the early 80s. I loved the Bluehrass Miracle and the overtime game against MSU.:lsup: