WHICH GAME SHOULD WE FEAR?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by charlie_c0756, Sep 27, 2007.

1. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

OK, it's been a few weeks since the season started and alot of questions have been answered, and I guess a few questions remain. We ALL now KNOW that we're a favorite for a NC title this year.
    However,,,,,,,,,is there a game to fear? Honestly, there's not a game on our remaining schedule that we should lose, right? Florida has been exposed. Auburn just don't have it this year, and after watching Alabama last week, I think they're a few years away from contention.
    Now, with that said, what is everyone's opinion of Kentucky. Have they gotten lucky or GOOD? I realize that there's NO defense there, but they seem to have the firepower to put a few points on the board. Is our defense too much for them?
    I'm a little surprised there haven't been more postings on the Ky game. I'm not a fan of "looking ahead", but I don't think Les is going to take anyone lightly before we play them. I just can't see anyone else on our schedule having a legitimate shot of beating us.
    Any Opinions?

View attachment 9801

Oh, and Holtz is still queer. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

2. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Aim careful, and look the devil in the eye.

We shall not fear.

1 person likes this.
  3. charlie_c0756

You know, actually I agree with you. I think we have NOONE to fear. I don't think there's a college team that can hang with LSU. But,,,,,I'm bored with not having a challenge.

View attachment 9802

Even children hate cheaters, and Auburn got the W last year by cheating refs. That still irks me.

4. sonof504

sonof504 Founding Member

I'm only gonna be worried for these four games.

Florida-obviously
    Auburn-I just feel they're gonna upset us or Florida
    Alabama-lot of hype around this, never know.
    SECCG-assuming we make it here

I'm kind of worried that we won't beat Tulane 74-0 but who knows.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The only 1 and maybe 2 games that worry me will be against Florida and then possibly Florida again.

Florida is the only offense that could conceivably do some damage against what I consider to be the best defense ever fielded at LSU. Tebow is the X, Y and Z factor. We just don't know how we will match up against his running ability. He has the size of a fullback with the near speed of a tailback. He is a load and then some.

We shall see.

Bring it on.

6. charlie_c0756

You know, you may have a point. However,,,,,,I've watched all of the SEC teams play this year and I can't for the life of me see any of them beating us. I'm not sure what's going on this year, but LSU seems to be heads above all of our opponents. It's the defense,,,,it almost seems that the only way teams get a few yards or put points up is when the defense lets up a little and then they seem to correct the problem and shut em down. I do feel the offense will improve and that will mostly be recovering from injuries. Looking at Les on the sidelines, he almost seems to be laughing (case in point when Flynn threw the "no-look-over-the-shoulder-to-the-kicker" for a score. I've never seen LSU look so good against supposedly top 20 teams.

View attachment 9803

I think another ring is in order, just my opinion..........

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

no fear

others fear LSU, others fear Dorsey

you should be ashamed that you even suggested such a thing

1 person likes this.
  8. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

I think that UK's offense is the real deal this year. Woodson is the best QB in the SEC. Yes, I think that he's better than Teblow. If he had a defense that was something of LSU, that team definately has the firepower to do wome damage. I think that you guys will beat UK...But Woodson is going to get his--you'll have to outscore them. Better hope your offense comes ready to play!

1 person likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I expect that we'll get into some tough games before the season is over. Our defense has played well, but we haven't played close to the best offenses on our schedule. Florida is going to be a handful. If we win out, it won't be because we weren't challenged.

Here's to a good performance against Tulane. :geauxtige

10. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

The only thing the LSU football team has to fear is fear itself !