Which is better

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Oct 31, 2004.

?

Which Coaching job is better?

1. Coaching (potentially) this year's in-experienced team to a two loss season.

18.2%
  2. Coaching last year's veteran team to a one loss regular season.

81.8%
  1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Coaching last year's veteran team to a one loss regular season.

Coaching (potentially) this year's in-experienced team to a two loss season.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Winning the NC, but I see your point. I said in another thread that if we go 9-2 Saban should be C.O.Y.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I say last year not because of the Championship but because this years team has under achieved despite the good record. Even with all the youth there is too much talent to play the way we have played in a few games this year(Troy,OSU,even Vandy). It will be very interesting to watch this coaching staff next year with tons of talent, much more experience and not having the anchor of a championship hanging from their neck.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Last year's regular season coaching job was better to me. This year is just not very far behind in my opinion.

5. inNickwetrust

inNickwetrust Founding Member

i think they are about equal and here is why, think about all the breaks we got last year, i know you make your own breaks, but what about billy bennet missing all those fg's (i think death valley had a lil somethin to do with that) Eli's trip (Mr. Lavalais had a lot to do with that) what about that dropped td pass by the UGA receiver in the SECCG, instead of being up 7-0 for uga, i think laron landry intercepts and we score the next possession, what about the phantom catch by addai, where i think he caught it and had possession, but the play was blown dead, and the biggest break of all last year, NO BIG INJURIES, the injury bug never hit lsu last season the worst injury was the broken arm to randall gay and thats about it, no injury to mauck, the o line, nothing, everybody stayed healthy all season long, this year sky got hurt in pre season practice, big ben goes down, corey webster was hurt during the UGA game, LSU has not gotten nearly the amount of breaks this year than last year, Serna missing the XP's in game 1 is about it, we didnt get the phantom leverage call against AU, and other calls hav gone against us, dont get me wrong last years team deserved the NC and took it, but name 1 team that won a championship in major sports that didnt catch a few breaks, the answer is NONE, luck has a big part to do with winning championships, if it didnt, FLA under spurrier would have won more than 1 title, OU would have won more than 1 title the past few years, MIAMI got hosed 2 years ago, thats the reason why its so hard to repeat, the bounces dont always go your way