Which road trip would you make?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerman7024, Mar 21, 2002.

1. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

1. Virginia Tech
    2. Florida
    3. Auburn
      [/list=1]

We take one road trip every year and was just wondering what the general consensus is here?

We are leaning towards VaTech, but you can't really fly into Blacksburg, so it means airline tickets, rental car, and hotel...pretty pricy...but we don't play them that often.

Florida is tempting, but Gator fans SUCK and since Spurrier left it won't be the same beating UF...well, not exactly the same! ;)

Auburn is the least expensive, drive and a hotel room. Should be a pretty good game with the revenge factor and all...but just not as exciting as the other two options.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated, and in case you were wondering last year we had TWO road trips and I saw Tennessee in both games!!! :D:D:D

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I've heard that V-Tech's campus is beautiful and a sight to see, especially in the fall. One of my co-workers is from there and she says the tail-gating is great (but she has never been to LSU so she can't compare it to us professionals!).

On the other hand, Florida is very hostile to visitors in their stadium. And after last year, just think about the reception LSU fans will get at Auburn this year.

3. GatorInvader

GatorInvader Freshman

if you want to leave with a smile on your face, don't come to Florida! :-D

4. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

I would go to Va Tech just for the reason that God only knows when we'll be there again. Florida and Auburn are every other year so the opportunity will come again. As far as tailgating is concerned let's all be serious for a second and consider where we are coming from. No one and I mean no one will even come close. I've been to most of the schools in the south and they are all amateurs compared to us.

5. BamaBengal

BamaBengal Founding Member

Go to VA Tech. While it's been a while since i've been there
    the campus is likely still beautiful and the football fans are into it, so much so i heard a few years back they penalized they're team for fan noise during the game. Not a big deal until you consider there were only about 20K fans in the stadium! Sound familiar? The stadium upgrade i believe will be fininshed and Virginia is a nice state so you can visit a few place provided you have the time. As for florida, you'll play 'em again and why would anyone want to go to Auburn for anything?! So there's your answer. You can owe me..................................................;)

6. tigerman7024

Looks like we are going to Auburn...I still have a cigar left from last year and need an excuse to smoke it! ;) :D

Thanks for all the comments, and we would really have love to go to VaTech, but dollars and cents wise it just didn't work out for our group. Oh well, Auburn this year, and who knows maybe Arizona in 2003 :D

7. Ellis Hugh

Be careful. You don't want your car set on fire, or for your 98 year old pregnant grandmother to be hit in the head with a flying, full whiskey bottle in the stadium.:p

8. tigerman7024

Always careful, but not always good!!

[​IMG]

9. Ellis Hugh

Good 'Nuff!:p

10. BamaBengal

BamaBengal Founding Member

Sorry you have to go to Auburn. Hope you beat the snot out of 'em just same! RTR!