Which two QBs would you want?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dcd11984, Jan 25, 2003.

1. dcd11984

dcd11984 Freshman

Pick two out of the three QBs.

JaMarcus Russell
    Robert Lane
    Matt Flynn

2. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

Matt Flynn for sure

then any of the other two will do

3. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

honestly, I'd take any of the two....matt flynn is the least touted, but i think he's a steal for LSU

this new speaking out by Robert Lane gives me a bad feeling...it has the faint scent of Josh Booty...i don't know

4. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

Flynn
    Lane

5. toneytiger

toneytiger Freshman

I dont want a baseball player being the leader of the team.Call it the J.Booty syndrome if you want to but for us to be a national contender we need someone football 24/7.He needs to be involved in spring practice,offseason conditioning,you name it.Plus in my opinion,baseball players think of themselves before they would a team.Its the nature of the game.(baseball)Football is the ultimate team game.When its 3rd and 10 in the 4th Qtr. and we need a touchdown to beat Arkansas to go to the SEC CHAMP.I would rather look into the eyes of someone that was sweating it out with me in April than someone who was trying to hit a curve ball somewhere in the Pacific Coast League. Go ahead and slam me but that idea makes me a little nervous.Come on down MR.RUSSELL.

6. Mojo74

Mojo74 Founding Member

Any two would do just fine in my opinion.

I'm just happy to see that we have such things to discuss.

7. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

Flynn and Russell.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Flynn and Lane. They are the only commitments we have. But we gotta go for Russell. If the Lane comments are true, then he's not the fearless competitor that we need and won't stick around anyway.

I'm hoping for a misquote.

9. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

Flynn and Lane , Flynn is dedicated to the tigers & (on some polls) the # 6 dropback passer, Russell is #3, Lane is the #1 pass/run QB , If Russell comes, Great! I would love to have Lane but the baseball bucks may lure him away, and if he wants to be known as a baseball player rather than a FB player, so be it! I wish him luck because ultimitly its himself he'll have to satisfy. But if he would ask Booty, Jamie Howard, and Matt Mauck, he'd probley come to LSU!