Which Uncommitted Recruit is Most Important to This Class?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Bandit88, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

The 2011 Class is filling out nicely. Another fantastic haul for Miles already, and we're not done yet by a long shot.

Of the folks still "on the board" but unsigned, who do you most want to sign and why?

I was going to say Ely until Rivers signed. I still would like to see 2 QBs, but Ely is no longer "most important".

I think LB is the biggest need after QB, but there aren't any 4 stars on the board (that I know about) that LSU has a shot at getting.

So I'm going with a DL. Rasco is probably the biggest name, but I feel better about DE than DT, so I'm going to go for M. Johnson.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I wouldn't say Rasco because I am not overly confident with his abilities at least to make an impact right away. Kind of a tweener who needs to work on rushing the QB and needs to work on attacking instead of reacting to the play. Plus we have some very nice young DEs on the team and that could go for the DT as well but Mickey is more important IMO.

Overall I think a decent LB is the most important at the position of most need. Picture is very fuzzy on who might end up here but I am holding out hope for Travis Hughes but I see him ending up at UNC or Miami.

In order I would say:

LB
    Mickey Johnson
    Phillip Ely (Need QBs when and where we can)
    Odell Beckham (Most versatile athlete in the state IMO)
    Greg Robinson (Have a great OL class already but would be great to have him which I think we will)
    Rasco

3. tigerfan1974

tigerfan1974 Veteran Member

Rasco, to me just doesn't "feel" important. Maybe because he exploded on the scene as a soph, then kinda had a subpar year as a junior. Maybe because he hasn't hit the camp circuits and become a "name" that is thrown around every week. Maybe because it's Evangel (not a big fan). Mainly though, because he just seems to not care to be a tiger. (Robinson too)
    However, since Texas and LSU want Rasco really bad, there's no denying his ability.
    Nobody left seems to be that "must get" anymore. Why not pick up a LB and call it quits, since depth is pretty good and numbers seem pretty slim?

4. bhelmLSU

Robinson does care more than you think and Mama really really cares. :yelwink2:

In defense of Rasco and Robinson, they really didn't need to come to campus after being here so many times already and already holding offers. They have to get out and see other teams while they have some time off from the season. Rasco came for a sitdown with his DC Dawson and Mom this summer and Robinson came for a day of the Elite Camp as well.

Why not stop now: because we still have some tremendous athletes in the state and do need future depth. WE really need a LB, another WR, another DT, you have to take a standout QB if you have the chance and we are in out current QB situation, another DE would help with septh especially if someone like Ego or Allen is moved to the inside or OL in Allen's case. Point is we might not need depth now but we will in the future no doubt.

5. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: I gotta go with Mickey Johnson & Greg Robinson. Not slighting OBJ by any means and hope we land him, but we need these two on the DL & OL, IMO. :LSU231:

6. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Robinson and Rasco in that order IMO. These are the two Louisiana recruits out of the Top 150 that LSU needs to sign to literally put the fence around the state. Of the two, I'd say Robinson is the more crucial because IMO you can never have enough big quality O-lineman. Louisiana is known for producing great skilled position players and but not offensive lineman. I like Rasco a lot and hope he becomes a Tiger but with the O-line struggles LSU had last year they need all the great help they can get.

7. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

8. bhelmLSU

9. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

Everyone keeps saying we need LBs but it doesn't seem like the staff feels that way. Keep in mind we have quite a few young LBs on the roster. Plus, its likely Chavis will convert one of the S to LB. Maybe more. I don't think its a priority for LSU considering they already have Randle committed too.

Biggest need: QB and its not even close. We need as many as we can get.

10. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

BHELM:He is 6'3 227 so basically a Justin Maclin from last class. If he was projected as a LB I would have him on the top of my list but after stepping into a program and gaining weight he is going to eventually stay at DE IMO. Remember Bama, Texas, and UGA are talking about LB with him a long with hybrid DE. So right there alone he will need time to gain weight and might be some position transition.

BHELM those schools are moving to a 3/4 scheme were he would play the outside LB and be the pass rusher with his hand on the ground. essentially there recruiting him as a pass rusher. rasco was hurt in that shiloh game and should have never played. I saw him dominate that same shiloh team the year before. however i see your point....