Which Underclassmen Will Go Pro??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TCUTiger, Nov 15, 2012.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

My draft guy has Reid the highest ranked DB (CB's and Safeties) in the Jr. class this year. I see the same thing. Simon will come back and after another year, be a top 20 pick. One more year will help Simon big time. Hurst would have went high this year, he had a great shot.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Highest ranked junior means nothing. Decisions will be made on overall draft ranking. Unfortunately what is better for their long term career also means nothing. IMO Mingo needs to bulk up and come back. He wont because he will be a high pick, but I think more weight would make him an every down NFL player. Right now I see him as a third down pass rusher at the next level. As a player Reid would also benefit from another year.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

It means that no Jr is ranked higher than him. If he declares, someones dropping down, cause the highest ranked safety just moved down to the second best. Reid will grade out that well. At 6'2" 212#'s, many teams are keeping an eye to see if he wants to come out. Like I said, he'll put up the numbers in the combine and once he sits down to talk, teams will move him up the charts. A team will have no problems with this one. Too many teams are looking for this kind of player. A sure pick.

As for coming back, I've seen it work both ways. How did staying help Barkley, Tyler Wilson, we'll see? I do see Simon getting a rise staying one more year.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

True. Detillier sits in his rec room in Matthews and finds better information.

ThePhenom74 likes this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Not to derail the thread, but Bum didn't pass on LT because of his size. He was going to rebuild the Saints in exactly the image he had built the Oilers, and saw Rogers as his black and gold Earl Campbell. Rickey Jackson was about 215 coming out of Pitt, and that didn't scare Bum away from him in the 2nd round.

6. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

It's not size but a defensive crack fiend is always a better choice than an offensive cokehead.