Whiffle Ball

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Whatever floats your boat. We didn't have any uniform restrictions

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

There was no skirt wearing. It wasn't uncommon for injuries to occur. My buddy broke his ankle, i think everyone ran into the telephone pole, on the right side of first there was a concrete slab everyone tripped on and cut themselves up on as well, I have a scar on my side from where the fence cut me up when I came down trying to rob a home run. Been a couple of fights, but yeah it was what we did because we didn't have a baseball field or enough people to play baseball. When we weren't doing that we would play tackle football without pads. That shit was crazy.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

We used wadded up newspaper and duct tape cause none of us ever had a damn wiffle ball

Tiger Exile likes this.
  4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

5. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

That is funny, that is what we had to use after we cracked all of the hard plastic ones.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is that Bruce Jenner? Hell of an athlete

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Once the ball was cracked we would wrap it in duct tape and keep on using it. Was heavier so it made it easier to throw hard but harder to get good rotation for movement on the pitches. And it was hell on the bats.

In the summer when I was 15 a bunch of us from my neighborhood and another nearby neighborhood starting going to the John M. Parker Agricultural Center on the LSU campus. The doors were left unlocked and hardly anybody was around. The basketball court had already been removed for the year because of rodeos. We would lay out base paths on the dirt floor and play indoor baseball. Wooden bats but we used a tennis ball instead of a baseball.
    The seats were up in the stands and we would lower the seats in patterns to spell DOUBLE, TRIPLE & HOME RUN at different levels. The Astrodome was the only domed stadium at the time so we called the ag center The Agridome

We played a couple of times a week for most of the summer until about mid August when a campus security cop came in and ran us out and told us not to do that again.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Check out the mini Fenway

9. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

If I remember correctly, when I was there in the 80's, they stored canoes you could rent in that building along with some scaffolding and misc. other junk.