While tossing bouquets at Ohio Joe..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He hates Oeaux personally even though I doubt that he has ever met him. A lot of us were critical of Les Miles but I don't think any of us actually hated the man that was Les Miles, just his approach to offense. Both Oeaux and Miles were loved by their players.

Brian and furduknfish like this.
  2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

hey, tap,.. West Virginia beat Kansas, 29–24. Afterward, Jayhawks coach Les Miles had this to say about the Mountaineers: “I have to be honest with you, I didn’t expect them to be that good.”

3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Here's an example.. Those Big12 teams that play that style. This is why it's common to see scores of 50-47, etc.. They know their opponent will score on their defense. The goal is to be able to stay ahead on offense so that you win the shootout. Texas, Oklahoma, Ok St., Texas Tech, etc... they all do this. Hell the Saints did it too.. It's ok if your opponent scores 50 points as long as you score more than 50. Unfortunately this doesn't usually pan out well for them when they meet a team with a stingy defense like we are used to seeing in the SEC. Now in my opinion, a way to counter this is to have (lots of) depth on defense, and little drop off from 1st team to 2nd team particularly for the line and linebackers... That way you can constantly be sending fresh guys in and out. This does two things.. it A) lets the defense keep up, and B) confuses the offense seeing all these different guys getting subbed... At least it seems like that to me.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree and the 2nd best thing is to run the ball and control ToP. Since we don't have defensive depth and seem to struggle at times to run the ball, it is a concern; especially given the success top tier SEC teams/defenses have against those Big 12 teams.

TigerTap likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

[​IMG]

Brian and furduknfish like this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Whether you like him or not, he asked a football question and is being responded to with name call calling instead of football related info.

Our defense does need help and we need to be more balanced too.

TeamofSavages, TigerTap and fanatic like this.
  7. LSUTiga

Oh, for once there wasn’t a “quality” opponent? lol

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You know as well as I do that he is only trying to grind his ax. He gets exactly what he deserves.

Brian likes this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The OP doesn't say anything a lot of other people aren't saying as well. But the original poster has an extensive record of making LSU posts that are.....shall we say...."tainted" by his hatred of the current coach and love of the previous coach. He has created an image of a troll, rather than an LSU fan, for himself. Until he shows some objectivity in his opinions, that's how he's going to get treated.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  10. LSUTiga

We all have an ax to grind. I’m grinding mine by defending his right to. :D

Brian, TigerTap and Herb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.