Whiny Conservatives

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Contained Chaos, Mar 22, 2006.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dunno, i guess i dont put alot of stock in scientific factors like how much a parent defines his child as "whiny". did they use a professional whiny-meter to set the calibrations on the parent's whine-sense?

yunno, in science, when you study something, you have to go to great pains to isolate the factor of interest.

there are an enormous amount of factors that go into making people liberal or conservative. factors like parents and peers and society and region and media and a zillion other things. personality plays a part, but personalities are incredibly complex. yet this guy was able to isolate the vague quality of "whinyness" as described by parents who all bring different standards to the table and tie conclusions to it. scientifiic.

anyone who would take the time to do this study necessarily has such a poor understanding of what makes useful data that the conclusions are pre-qualified as pointless.

maybe that guy can make his next project to find out if he can tie the preference for the designated hitter to fondness for chili dogs.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah I can't really disagree with any of that. It is definitely a subjective matter. But that is the limitation on all psychological studies, really. It is impossible to map the human mind. And all the samples that one can possibly gather are confined to simple observations...which are really only as good as the observer. Of course, certain behavioral types and tendencies undoubtedly meet particular criteria and can become surprisingly predictable.

3. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

I've figured out why the results are the way they are. Helps partly by Martin's first post.

Conservative parents, I would imagine, are different with their children than liberal parents. More spanking, more rules, more enforcement.

Liberal parents allow more outside of the box things, not as much physical punishment, etc.

Therefore, conservative parents would describe their kids and whining more than liberal parents cause the conservative's child has more to whine about.

And as we know, people usually follow their parents political views and end up conservatives.

This was just for fun and by no means is this actually why it happens, but its my little fun theory. :thumb:

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

What in the world made anyone think this was a subject worth studying, or that someone might actually be interested in it. I am sure the federal government paid him a bundle to do it.

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Well, I can't speak for you, but I love chili dogs, and detest the designated hitter. However, I do have to have cheese on my chili dogs, so that might be a mitigating factor...:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Berkeley huh? gee a hot bed of liberalism does a study :dis: and finds something wrong with conservatives or how they will grow up. Golly beav, does that suprise you? :shock: Gee wally I guess not. :shock:

8. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

Look, he didn't come up with a cure for cancer or anything.:thumb: