White guilt keeping us from winning wars?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LsuCraig, May 3, 2006.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

What is so great about being white that someone should be proud, slavery? genocide? sitcoms? Every other race has done those same things. When it comes to race its a zero sum game. We are all the same. No, I don't think there is any difference between me and a black dude other than our skin. Does that make me refined or special? No. Am I ashamed of being white? No. Am I proud? No. All races are the same. I seriously doubt God cares about skin color, and I try and be like that dude as much as I can.

2. LSUsupaFan

Cultural heritage months are stupid.

Yeah the common value of humanity.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

this is a rare and fantastic opinion. although i think there are tangible differences besides skin color between races as a whole, there are no real major differences between individuals worth caring about. which isnt to say races are not different in many ways. they are, but it is nothing of real concern unless you are fielding a team for some very very specific tasks.

i posted my list of favorite races here before, but in general i both like as well as hate every race just as much as my own.

no, but in terms of individuals, there is nothing to be proud or ashamed about, because people are individuals. i had nothing to with the positives or negatives associated with my race. so why should i feel responsible, good or bad?

like nolimitmd, i am better than everyone for other reasons. well, ok, in reality i am much worse than everyone in some ways. but in some ways, i am pretty much the best person you could ever hope to meet. all of this is independent of my race.

definitely not, i believe there are real differences and positives and negatives, and these would be important if they could be broadly applied or if they were universally applicable to individuals. but they cant. and i definitely agree that the current pc notion of all races being equal is absurd. but i am not a race, i am one person, and i had nothing to with the accomplishments and shames of my race.

caring about race is just another eaxmple of tribalism and the tendency to group together like cavemen and avoid being an individual. i like to decide for myself what i am into. and it isnt necessarily the white christian southern values i was born into. (not that those are all bad, it is complicated).

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

The way I see it.

There are white people......and then you have white trash.
    There are black people.....then black trash, more commonly referred to as ni**ers. I dont really like that word, and save it for the extreme scum.
    Over the years I've also started referring to some whites as "white ni**ers).

Either way, there are lots of ni**ers. Some are black. Some are white.

Act like a decent human being, and I'll treat you as such. Act like a piece of crap scum, and that's what you are.

Simple? Maybe, but it's true. There are very good, decent, people from all races. Some races have more scum than others. I used to think that the majority of white's were decent, until I took my first trip up north. PA changed my thinking on that. I never judge somone based on the color of their skin. I let their actions speak for them.

I believe that there are a lot more differences between blacks and whites besides just the color of their skin. I've seen the entire world, and if you had, you would feel the same way.

Am I proud to be white. Yep. Do I have a problem with a black guy being proud to be black? Nope. Everyone should be proud of who they are. Some of my best friends are black. I like west coast rap music. I'm very conservative and a Christian. So, where do I fit in?

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

What color you are, isn't who you are. You are an individual and define who you are for yourself, not what color you happened to be born.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

why? because they exist? because they accomplished the amazing task of being born?

i know, every time race comes up, it is required that somebody says this.

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I don't feel guilty for anything I am not responsible for. I feel bad about any injustice, but unless I committed it or acquiesced to it I do not feel personally responsible for it. I just don't believe in cultural or racial guilt - guilt applied to an entire race or culture. Guilt is a personal thing. But liberals are real big on cultural and racial guilt - which is why they often don't make a lot of sense.

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Like DL Hughley said in "The Original Kings of Comedy" when white people say "I've had three black people over to my house" -- what, are you counting?? If you know how many black people have been over to your house, you're racist as a mutha. :rofl:

9. LSUsupaFan

Since I don't feel guilty because white people have done bad things in the past it would be kind of silly for me to have white pride because alot of awesome white dudes did a lot of awesome things. It is my hope that some day a guy like Booker T Washington wont be known as a great black scientist, but just as a great scientist.

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Be proud of who you are, unless you are a scumbag, then just be ashamed.

Stating that someone has black friends isn't bad. It's true. I have a lot of black friends. I also have a few mexican, some spanish, a few indian, and several yankees as friends. I see what you mean though martin, it does sound like someone trying to defend themselves. I will have to refrain from stating this in the future.

I guess I'm just a closet racist and don't want to admit it.