Who are the secret commitments?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Oct 23, 2002.

1. JTV

JTV Founding Member

Bootys

I was as critical about Josh and Abram as I have ever been about any LSU players during their tenures. I have to say, I'm surprised when I repeatedly see then on campus and around town on game days. I'm impressed with their loyalty to LSU, in spite of the flak they've gotten. I sometimes feel bad about how they were treated by many fans including myself. I would like to thank them, and commend them for their loyalty(or at least continued interest) to our program. That being said, I really don't care if we sign another player from Evangel. In my opinion not one player from that school has lived up to their blue-chip billing. Here are some names that come to mind: Eric Jefferson, Bubba Alexander, Cisco Perkins, Philip Dees, Robert Davis, Abram and Josh, Steve Lee, Philip Geiger... I could go on, but to me this doesn't sound like a list of all-SEC players, does it?

2. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Evangel is like Florida under Spurrier: great system, very few truly outstanding individual players. When's the last time one of Spurrier's QB's did anything in the NFL? Let 'em go elsewhere we can do better.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

How did LSU hurt the Bootys?

Each of them quit the team when his starting job was challenged. The team didn't quit them. If the little brother is a chip off that block, we don't need him.

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Re: How did LSU hurt the Bootys?

Agreed. I must say though, I met Josh and ran into him on a couple of occasions after our meeting, and he was really a class act. He was really nice to me and seemed like a great person. We never talked about football because this was right after a 3-8 season, and I wasnt brave enough to bring it up. Abram however, that see through shirt is enough to warrant eternal humiliation. :D

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Re: Bootys

I think it was Cisco Perkins that never played a down at Evangel. Him and another player transfered from outside the Shreveport area and only one of their transfers was approved and allowed to play football. I am pretty sure it was Cisco Perkins and he sat out his senior year.

6. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

DO YOU REMEMBER ????

Eric Jefferson This guy was awesome he signed to play football at Illinois and went to spring practice and never played the kicked him off the team. He is not serving 10 to 20 in a California Prison. Evangel let this guy play and come to school during football season and as soon as the season was over the kicked him out of school only to let him back on the team the following year then after football season was over he was kicked out of school again he was by far the best Player to ever come out of Evangel LOL. It the High School recruiting Magazines he is one of the All American that is under this yrs where are they now LOL.

EVANGEL, WHAT A JOKE

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I agree Red55.

We dont want anything from that program... The sad part is some of those kids are good kids and want to attend LSU but the "Program" wont allow it.

Anyway, look at all the busts from there. Dont even consider Booty, he wont come here, and I promise Saban wont even recruit him. We got enought QB's. He can go to some big time school and backup someone for 2 years then transfer. Like the rest of them do.

GEaux Tigers

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

That is an ender........

Gross......

9. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Logansport

It was Logansport were the Cisco and I think the LSU WR Reggie Robinson came from Logansport (not sure about the player) but they came from Logansport. Logansport had just won the State Championship the year before one of which was the State MVP in I think AA football. The two players came in to shreveport and the Evangel Church owns some houses and they put each players family in the house one of the houses was outside the district line and by the time they found out it was to late and he was unable to play football.

DD FOR HEISMAN

10. la tigra

la tigra Freshman

Re: Re: How did LSU hurt the Bootys?

Actually I heard that he was the opposite....after a game, practice (something of the sort) the losers had to eat PB & J and the winners got steak....
    Supposedly, Josh said something along the lines of :
    I don't have to eat PB&J, I have enough money to go buy a steak from Ruth's Chris.....
    doesn't sound so class act to me....and I think that attitude had to do with some of the friction b/c him and the other players