Who are we gonna lose????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerman7024, Oct 22, 2001.

1. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

I figured at the begining of the year that this would be Faulk's last year in an LSU uniform. Bradie James was questionable. Now I am starting to seriously worry Reed may not come back next year. If he keeps putting up the kinda numbers he has been putting up, he may be lured away from his senior season by the NFL do$$ars.

I know we have a lot of talent at WR, and if we were going to lose an underclassmen Reed's departure would probably hurt less than Faulk's given the depth at WR with Hunt, Clayton, Meyers, and then all of our TE's. But you can not discount Reed's importance. I really don't want to lose him, does anyone have any comments on the matter?

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I would hate to lose Reed, but we are still very strong at WR if he does leave. We are doing fine this year without Reggie Robinson, and Reggie should be back next year to supplement Clayton and the rest.

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

reed will saty

i don't think reed will leave because he won't be drafted too high only because is of his height. he is a lot like peter warrick was except peter had a lot more hype around him. also reed isn't really that fast and that will turn away a lot of nfl teams. i also don't think james will leave. im not sure about faulk he might. i sure hope not though.

GEUAX TIGERS

4. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

Can you imagine what we will have if they all come back!! :D

I think if Faulk wins the butkus award he is gone, if not he might (and that is a big might) come back for his Senior year out of pride. He has said he loves the LSU atmosphere, maybe it will be strong enought to lure him back for his final season.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I hope so. As good as we are this year we will be so much better next year. With Faulk back we could be unstoppable.

6. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

i think he is going to graduate early so that might help some to lure him back i sure hope so .personally i really don't think he will leave because i don't feel he will be a very high pick in the draft only because of his size. the same goes for james. both of them are under 240 lbs. i think bothof them will stay and try to bulk up a little. i also feel that reed will be back next year all because of his size.

7. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

This is from a previos post:
    It's really getting to the point where I think we may have to start worrying about JReed leaving early. The only good thing is the trend is toword tall recievers now in the NFL, so some pro teams may be scared off by his height, but if he comes back for his senior season and performs like this, they can't ignore Josh. I say if he leaves early, he's a late 1st round pick, if he comes back, and is all-american, belitnicof(sp-wow thats bad) award winner and the like, they will be forced to take him. He'll be a top 10 pick if he comes back.

8. BBF Admin

BBF Admin Guest

Reed is of the most concern

Guys,
    there is a big difference in Trev and Bradie, compared to Reed. Trev and Bradie are excellent students that are both on pace to graduate early. I am not saying Reed doesn't care about school, just that He is the most likely to leave early.

The thing about Trev and Bradie, is that they both still need to put on weight. Josh Reed is a lot closer to being ready for the NFL because of his size.....not his height. He is truly around 5' 11" but 200+ pounds. And Like Nick Saban says.....He sticks his foot in the ground better than anyone I have ever seen......Whoever said his speed would hurt him is right and wrong. He runs in the 4.6 range, but his QUICKNESS is what helps him get so much seperation, and that is BIG TIME.

At this point all three of them could be back, or all three of them could go. We will just have to wait and see how things play out.