Who are we, really?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by P&G_wheelz007, Oct 20, 2010.

1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Are we really just a sloppy team? Stupid penalties, turnovers, etc.

Are we overrated? Struggled to beat Tennessee and took all 4 quarters to put away Vandy and McNeese.

Are we undisciplined?

Do we play up or down, depending on the competition?

Or,...

Are we a team that has managed to win, but hasn't quite "gelled" yet?

Are we a team that is going to improve offensively and move the ball consistently and score our share of points?

What say you?

2. chewie

chewie Glitched

I think we're a talented, but very young and inexperienced team especially on offense. We're seeing improvement but we'll see if these boys grow up over the next two games and not shoot themselves in the foot.

3. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

I would go with the latter, but really we are a team with good luck. Which is a dam good thing.
    Our Defense is solid, strong and fast. No doubt one of the best in the country.
    On Offense we haven't found our niche quite yet. Against Florida our offense played a pretty good game and moved the ball well. I believe this weekend our offense will impress and Lee will put on a show.
    Overall we are a good, confident team with good leadership all around. We can be sloppy but that is something that can be worked on even though we are half way through the season.
    As DA HAT says, we are a "dam strong football team!"

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i also believe this is a team that hasn't put together a complete game. if LSU puts together a complete game, i don't think there is anyone in the country who can beat us.

5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

We are a team full of talent with NO leader and lack of direction on how to use that talent. And Yes, we do play up and down to the competition.

Our Defense, is very talented and has leadership from the coaching standpoint & player standpoint.

Our Offense, is very talented with NO leadership from the coaching standpoint and none from the player standpoint.

Our QB situation, the lack of leadership at that position IMO is what drives a lot of these mistakes and errors being made on the field.

A lot of teams play sloppy and make mistakes, but the offensive highlights thru-out the game are what is remembered when the clock strikes 0:00

We do not have an offensive highlight reel to go back and watch, and to remember, we only remember all of the stupid things we did and lack of execution by our offense.

Think about it, had we not faked the FG & gone into OT with Florida, even if we won that game in OT, all we would remember was, the KO Return TD, the crucial int. and the muffed punt. - We would not have been talking about the amazing fake fg or the huge completions from J-Lee to TT including that perfectly thrown TD pass to win it.

So, I believe if we had more of a spark on Offense, and more highlights and big plays to look back on, we would not focus so much on the errors that A LOT of other teams make as well

We are not a lucky team, by the end of the game, we have enough talent & depth to just "get by" and escape with victories.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

A great job by Chavis resulting in a tremendous defense saving our asses as we are being mismanaged and poorly coached on the offensive side of the ball.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I believe it is a little of everything, but mostly a young inexperienced group that is determined to succeed. :geaux: :LSU231: :tigereye:

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

We are a very talented defense that has multiple leaders. They play for each other unselfishly and are very well coached. They are disciplined and motivated. We are a special teams that plays fast and hard. Every time they are on the field they expect to do something great. They are game changers. We are a talented offense that hasn't quite geled yet. They show great potential then regress. They make undisciplined mistakes and have problems with consistancy but they believe. They find ways to win. Once this offense finally clicks we will have a team worthy to be champions. Lee has shown he can lead this offense to 4 th qtr comeback wins. A little more consistant leadership on the field and focus on eliminating costly penalties is all that is needed to achieve greatness

9. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Enormously talented just about everywhere except QB. Tons of heart and determination from these players. But still undisciplined and somewhat sloppy. Still lacking killer instinct from the staff to put teams away for good when they have the ability to do it. Still only playing just as well as we have to to get a win, not as well as we can play. This is one of the few consistencies.

And of course all the luck in the world. As was said, if ever a complete effort in all phases of the game were to be put together for 60 minutes, LSU has the ability to beat anyone. Unfortunately I haven't seen that in a while. Just a few flashes of it each game to get the win. But at least they are winning ugly. If the alternative is losing pretty I'll take it.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

We are fans, really (sorry - pet peeve of mine....:grin:)

LSU is a very young football team with a QB problem.