Who are your top 5 favorite LSU baseball players?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Feb 10, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

My top 5 - in no particular order:

Brad Cresse - the ultimate leader, clutch hit after such a long slump, led the way for a team that started the year so poorly and then went on a tear and, if I remember correctly, went undefeated in the post season

Warren Morris - "2 outs, bottom of the ninth" - those six words will give me serious chills for the rest of my life - we all dreamed it growing up and he lived it

Armando Rios - maybe the most electric and the most entertaining of all - super player

Todd Walker - what an amazing impact as a freshman - the 33 game hitting streak, all those homers, hitting .400 his sophomore year - he was awesome

Zeph Zinsman - don't fall out of your chair - I just loved watching the guy play - I met him several times and he was a really cool guy and he had his own style - He certainly may not belong in the top 5 talent wise, but he was a favorite of mine - call him the wild card of my list

Of course, so many others came to mind in regards to both talent and personality. Fontenot, Wally, Hill, Barbier, Ainsworth, Larson, Mouton, Ced. Harris, etc... and Ben McDonald and company are before my time and not included. Anyway, my opinion - give us yours!

2. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I think I'm gonna go with Wally, Cresse, Larson, Morris, and Ainsworth. I'm sure there are many others, but these are the players who were around in recent times....I was too young to remember anyone from the early 90's. I think my number one on this list is Wally, may he rest in peace. He came in and made an immediate impact as a freshman and provided essential leadership for this team. He could have left for the draft but didn't, which spoke highly of his character and care for the team. Had he not passed away so prematurely, I think he could've done great things for the team during his senior year.

3. RabidTiger

RabidTiger Founding Member

definately Furniss - best power hitter that hit for average, ben mcdonald- most dominating pitcher at lsu, todd walker - best overall player, morris - how could he not be?, Rios - he was money

4. BB

BB Founding Member

Furniss, how did I forget Furniss? I need to stay away from the microwave.

5. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

1. Ben McDonald
    2. Eddie Furniss
    3. Wally
    4. Aaron Hill (my son's fav)
    5. Warren Morris

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

1. Wally
    2. Warren Morris
    3. Ben McDonald
    4. Todd Walker
    5. Mouton

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

1. Blaire Barbier
    2. Warren Morris
    3. Lyle Mouton
    4. Doug Thompson
    5. Todd Walker
      [/list=1]
      There are many more that were great Tigers both on and off the field.

8. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

what....no Joey Belle fans here??????

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Joey cut all ties with LSU when Skip gave him the boot. I'm not sure he even considers himself a Tiger anymore. Hard to vote him as a favorite player when he has turned his back on the program IMO.

10. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

1.) Warren Morris
    2.) Todd Walker
    3.) Mike Miley
    4.) Doug Thompson
    5.) Dominic Giambrone